Another option for the ST BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2

A question about running that DS tire, has anyone experienced increase wear or troubles with rear wheel bearings, final drive, swingarm bushings etc from running a CT?
233,000 on my ST and I have only replaced the wheel bearings and flange bearing one time at 100,000 miles.

Anyone tried the G force comp2 a/s plus? I can't find the tire in regular and I guess the PLUS is now the new tire model.

Anyone tried the G force comp2 a/s plus? I can't find the tire in regular and I guess the PLUS is now the new tire model.

Costco still has both options listed - currently out of stock. I don't think it's a replacement, rather its another model line.
The "A/S Plus" has a different pattern and a higher load index compared to a recommended MC tire - it's also rated as Summer only.

1661645920427.png

Edit: yes the comp2 as plus is an update from the comp2 as. The gforce sport comp2 is a different tire (and has a lower load rating)

Last edited:
You have two different tires. The sport is not the same tire as an A/S. Sport is for dry roads only, see the SUMMER right in your ad? All Season is what we have been running.

Reactions: Obo
You have two different tires. The sport is not the same tire as an A/S. Sport is for dry roads only, see the SUMMER right in your ad? All Season is what we have been running.

I was going to say....mine looks like the "plus"

Well my testing of the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 is over. I've moved on to another tire. The last BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 I mounted is the best tire I've ever run on a bike. Handles great and lasts a lot of miles. I wore out the last tire pretty good with 51870 miles. It was a little too wore out and possibly unsafe to ride in rain so off it came.

New tire is on and I went with a BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 PLUS. The PLUS seems no different and the same to mount, tough. I rode it 4 miles and the tire feels exactly the same with no "whip" coming out of a turn. Like everything the price has gone up a bunch. The tire was $175.21 with taxes, ordered through and shipped to Walmart for my pickup at the store.

Old tire:

4C11757D-EB58-4A58-B1DD-3771B51ADCAE.jpeg

Last edited:
I mounted up another BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 PLUS today. The last BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 PLUS went 55425 miles running 26 to 28 psi. The tire was a bit cheaper than the last bought in 2022. Tax and all it came to $169.84.

I guess I really like this tire as it handles great for me and lasts a lot of miles.

I have NEVER had my ST1300 inside a dealership or a tire store. I've done all the tires myself with old fashion tools. 2x6 wood block bead breaker, dish soap, tire install lube and tire irons. Some have asked about how I mount a car tire so today I took a pic of how I use ratchet straps to hold the bead down into the center of the rim while mounting the tire by hand. I checked the time stamp between the pics. After the pic of the straps with wood blocks pic the installed pic was 3 minutes later. Not easy but sure not difficult in my humble opinion......

Pay no attention to the sloppy loose fitting clothes in the video. It gets hot and humid here so loose is mo breezy when working. FYI car tires are easier to break from the rim than regular tires.

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom