Any kind of cover for the bags?

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Oh, the black bags are easy to scuff! Is there any kind of black cover, vinyl, leather, nylon, that would just cover the outer shell (the cover as it's called in the fiche), or failing that, the whole bag??

Thanks
Jim

Bike
'06 non-ABS
STOC #
I agree cloud-9, the black looks nice but what a pain in the butt. I spoke to a body shop friend and asked about repainting them with about 5 coats of clear which would at least make the easier to polish. $$$$ though.

OP
OP
river

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
I agree cloud-9, the black looks nice but what a pain in the butt. I spoke to a body shop friend and asked about repainting them with about 5 coats of clear which would at least make the easier to polish. $$$$ though.
Can you just paint clear over the existing paint job? If so I'd worry less. The clear would cover marks. Man, you can't touch the bike if it's not perfectly clean. But if I can clear coat the bike when it needs it I'd worry less.

OP
OP
river

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Thanks so much guys, that Sargent solution is for me, looks like it covers a little better than the film and my bikes already black...

Thanks

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
No, you can't. Not easily anyway. Painting things today (especially over a factory paint job) is a very sensitive and intensive process.

OP
OP
river

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Thanks. Was afraid of that. All the more reason for protection. You still hunting?

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks. Was afraid of that. All the more reason for protection. You still hunting?
No. Bought an 05 a few weeks ago here from a member on this site. Awesome machine. Couldn't be happier.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Honda makes a set of saddlebag scuff pads which are supposed to go on the lower part of the bags by the passengers heel.

They stick on with the same stuff the rest of the Honda tank pads etc use, I believe it is a 3M two sided tape.

You can install them on the top corners of the painted section like I did on my last 04.,they fit perfectly. After that you can put a strip of 3M Clear protective film about 6" wide and long enough to cover the rest of the top curved area you normally scuff with your boot.

You can't see it (the 3M film ) but it's there. That's what I did. Here's a picture. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I went to a local window tinting shop and had some 3M Clear Protective Adhesive added to the rear of my gas tank. They only charged me $10! I've thought about going back and having it put on the tops of my saddlebags.

OP
OP
river

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Honda makes a set of saddlebag scuff pads which are supposed to go on the lower part of the bags by the passengers heel.

They stick on with the same stuff the rest of the Honda tank pads etc use, I believe it is a 3M two sided tape.

You can install them on the top corners of the painted section like I did on my last 04.,they fit perfectly. After that you can put a strip of 3M Clear protective film about 6" wide and long enough to cover the rest of the top curved area you normally scuff with your boot.

You can't see it (the 3M film ) but it's there. That's what I did. Here's a picture. :)

Looks great, thanks. What seat is that, Sargent? Trying to decide between Sargent and Russell...

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
Blue-One ... bike looks great. Get some '08 side panels and finish it off nice.

They make the bike look really really nice.

Top Bottom