Any kind of cover for the bags?

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Looks great, thanks. What seat is that, Sargent? Trying to decide between Sargent and Russell...
Blue-One ... bike looks great. Get some '08 side panels and finish it off nice.

They make the bike look really really nice.
What is the side panel?
The seat is actually a Travelcade ST1100 Stealth saddle which I (with help from my sweetie Jan) adapted to My ST1300. From the forward seam it is all ST1300 stock foam and cover, from there back it is Travelcade.

I adapted the pan into a one piece unit and went from there. It is amazingly comfortable,a true all day saddle, gel and all. I plan to recover it soon in real nice leather with blue stitching.

The 08 side panels are small plastic panels to fill in the open areas on the side of the ST. I have them installed on my 04 now and yes they look real nice.
I also ordered the rubber plugs to fill in the small triangular hole which is near your heel. These are also on the 08's and the police STs as well.

I plan to take pictures and submit an article on how I installed the side panels this winter.

For now here's a similar article.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39433

Last edited:
Yes, these are definitely gone. I just got off the phone. What sad news.
Maybe this will cheer you up and perhaps explain them being discontinued. I tried a set and just could not get them to fit so that the cases closed properly. Sargent did take them back and gave me a full credit. I tried and tried and tried with no luck.

If the covers would have worked (for me) I'd probably have liked them.

OP
OP
river

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Maybe this will cheer you up and perhaps explain them being discontinued. I tried a set and just could not get them to fit so that the cases closed properly. Sargent did take them back and gave me a full credit. I tried and tried and tried with no luck.

If the covers would have worked (for me) I'd probably have liked them.
Ah, you're right, I feel much better now :)

Top Bottom