anyone have experience with Scosche Iphone remote ?

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I have a JM CB on my 07 1300 and discovered the other day that my new Iphone 4 works great with phone calls and music through the mp3 auxilary jack via JMCB to the helmet which is hard wired. I want to make it easier to navigate through my music features while wearing gloves and the touch screen is not glove friendly. I have researched the remote for iphone by scosche and was wondering if anyone else has experience with this device. http://www.aerostich.com/review/product/list/id/2348/category/104/
Thanks for any input.
Jon

Bike
ST1100 ('93)
I bought this one instead of the Schoche because of the difference in price:

Monster iEZClick Remote Control for iPod (Black)
http://amzn.com/B000HVHGI6

I've had two of these (ruined the first one--my fault) and they've both been great. I've used them with both the iPhone 4 and my current iPhone 4S. The reviews on Amazon have been quite poor but early on one of the reviewers pointed out that this is old inventory and the batteries that come pre-installed are old. As suggested, I just replaced the battery (a quarter-sized 2032, as I recall) right away and had no problems. The only thing I don't like about it is the transmitter that plugs into the phone is wider than the opening in my phone case so I have to take the phone out of its case when I ride.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The Scoshe is cheaper from their own site- $49. No experience but an observation. It's wireless, not BT so it needs an additional dongle. You lose the ability to power the iDevice when using the remote. That would be a tough call for me, at least on longer rides. A BT version would be more expensive but then you could power the phone and use the remote. This may not be an issue for you if you get good battery life but my 4S doesn't do all that well.

iOS7 might bring an upgrade to Siri to make it/her/him more useful for navigating the iPhone. If it's mounted or somehow exposed, pressing the Home button might be doable.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
The Scoshe is cheaper from their own site- $49. No experience but an observation. It's wireless, not BT so it needs an additional dongle. You lose the ability to power the iDevice when using the remote. That would be a tough call for me, at least on longer rides. A BT version would be more expensive but then you could power the phone and use the remote. This may not be an issue for you if you get good battery life but my 4S doesn't do all that well.

iOS7 might bring an upgrade to Siri to make it/her/him more useful for navigating the iPhone. If it's mounted or somehow exposed, pressing the Home button might be doable.
I have a couple of external lithium batteries that I will alternately use to power the Iphone. I have a 12 volt power outlet mounted where the speaker (should be) in which I plug in a 12V-5V USB converter, while one is used the other is charging. I am considering some type of blue tooth. Thanks for the info on ordering direct from Scosche.

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
I have a JM CB on my 07 1300 and discovered the other day that my new Iphone 4 works great with phone calls and music through the mp3 auxilary jack via JMCB to the helmet which is hard wired. I want to make it easier to navigate through my music features while wearing gloves and the touch screen is not glove friendly. I have researched the remote for iphone by scosche and was wondering if anyone else has experience with this device. http://www.aerostich.com/review/product/list/id/2348/category/104/
Thanks for any input.
Jon
I've used one for years on my ST with an iPod. It works pretty well. I would assume it would work the same with an iPhone but I can't say for sure. It's pretty convenient because the little remote thing mounts perfectly near the top of the bars. The buttons are somewhat small and can be a challenge to push with gloved fingers when you are supposed to be concentrating on the road in front of you though (mostly pausing and skipping/replaying songs, the volume controls are larger and easier to hit).

I give it a little credit because mine's been through plenty of rain, when I forget to grab it and toss it in the glove box, and it still works.

Buy it off Amazon or other internet location. The Aerostich price is way high.

Also on the Monster offering, do some research on it because back when I was looking at these the Monster one had some issues with something but I can't remember what. I believe it was erratic volume or something of that nature. They may have that fixed by now, I really don't know but I remember there was a definite reason that I stayed away from it and went with the Scoche.

Last edited:

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I have the Monster one for my ipod and have had it for years. It works great, although occaisionally when you hit the volume control it goes all the way up. That doesn't happen very often though.

OP
OP
jonjonboo
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I found out that Iphone 4 bluetooth sux, so Scoshe direct from Scoshe for @ $64 with shipping cost will be my choice--thanks for all the input :)

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
My solution was to get touch friendly gloves. My winter gauntlet gloves won't work, but the summer textile gloves work fine on the iPhone and Zumo touch screens. Just look on the label when buying the gloves. It will say touch friendly.

John

Top Bottom