Avon Storm Concerned

Can you sell me a Storm front and a 880 rear ? I loved the front but the rear didn't last for nothing 2-up only around 5k but it felt great while it lasted.

Seems odd that every dealer in town will get the Storms for the ST, if there are legal issues with Avon.

Its not a legal issue with Avon. Its a liability that if he sells them to you and you wreck, you can take legal action against Two Brothers for selling you a tire that he has been told by Avon is not recommended for the ST1300. Put yourself in his situation and you can understand.

Maybe other dealers are not aware that Avon does not recommend them for an ST1300. If you order from other vendors, you don't tell them its for an ST1300 also, so they could plead that they did not know what bike you were putting the tire on. Since Tim has made his business more personal, where you actually talk to a human instead of clicking a few buttons and entering payment, he knows the application. Fair enough by me. I will just order a different brand, was not all that impressed by the 7K I got out of the rear anyway. OF COURSE, AS ALWAYS....THIS IS JMHO.

Can you sell me a Storm front and a 880 rear ? I loved the front but the rear didn't last for nothing 2-up only around 5k but it felt great while it lasted.

Gene... I believe the front is the tire of issue. He can sell the rear and not the front. He will correct me if I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure it was the rear that was the issue with needing to stiffened or something , to handle the heavy load. I think this is what avon also did on the 1100 rear . I'm sure Two Bros will straighten us out.

Until WeSTOC last year I always bought BT-020's. I had the Honda dealer in Albuquerque install Avon Storms. Great tire and at 7K they look to go over 10K front and rear.

To bad it's the front it is a sweet profile and turn in was just right.:( I swear some guy from avon told me that last year , I'm ok with a unapproved rear there are lots of good rears out there to take it's place.

Well I have a new Storm on the rear, and a new front in the garage. I want to thank everyone for there input. I didn't buy from Two Brothers this time. I will next time. If they can sell the Storms. I would like to thank Two Brothers for there input. And for looking out for us.

I love the Storms. Most confident feeling tire I have ever ridden. My question is what kind of mileage do you guys get out of the rears? It looks like I am only going get about 6000. I am at 5K now and it is squared off and down to about 4/32's. The ride and handling are too good to overlook but I was hoping for a few thousand miles more.

I got 7K out of the first rear. Only have about 2k on my second rear. Looks like the front will last the life of both rears. PR2's are what I have gotten the best mileage out of...around 9k.

I love the Storms. Most confident feeling tire I have ever ridden. My question is what kind of mileage do you guys get out of the rears? It looks like I am only going get about 6000. I am at 5K now and it is squared off and down to about 4/32's. The ride and handling are too good to overlook but I was hoping for a few thousand miles more.

I got 10k out of the rear. The front has 10k on it and going storng. I think I will get 15K out of it. The new front is in the garage.

My front is still like new with 5K on it. The rear must have something to do with the lard factor it is hauling around. :rolleyes:

Still love the tire though.

I get 6 or 7,000 out of the rear which is all I have ever gotten with Bridgestone, Michelin, or Metzeler. If you twist the wrist you wear the tire.

Back
Top Bottom