User Name: dwalby

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 14
Name: ST1100 100,000 Mile Award
Description:

Recipient username : dwalby

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

I've put about 106k miles on it over the last 20 years, not much of an average, but I guess persistence pays off.
-----------------------------------------------------

the really sad part is I put 50k on it in the first 3 years. Then, between moving close to my job, and not being able to commute to work most days because of family obligations my yearly mileage has really taken a nose dive. But the upside is I don't spend nearly as much on tires, gas, maintenance as I used to.

Congrats on the *mile* stone!

But the upside is I don't spend nearly as much on tires, gas, maintenance as I used to.

I read this one in Aesop's fables a long time ago... Something about Sweet Lemons (the opposite of sour grapes)! :D

That's awesome Congrats. I'm working towards that goal. Have 90K on my 06 ST 1300. Hope to reach 100K before the end of the year, which would be easy except the 3 trips I have planned this year are all on the CB which has 30K on it lol

the really sad part is I put 50k on it in the first 3 years. Then, between moving close to my job, and not being able to commute to work most days because of family obligations my yearly mileage has really taken a nose dive. But the upside is I don't spend nearly as much on tires, gas, maintenance as I used to.

You are missing out on all the fun! Now that Lane Splitting is "Legal" the cages are lots more respectable to the bikes! :rofl1:

You are missing out on all the fun! Now that Lane Splitting is "Legal" the cages are lots more respectable to the bikes! :rofl1:

when I do ride into work I go from the Del Lago transit station (by the mall) to the George Cook transit station (what, 3-4 miles??) in the I-15 carpool lanes. Its very stressful.

when I do ride into work I go from the Del Lago transit station (by the mall) to the George Cook transit station (what, 3-4 miles??) in the I-15 carpool lanes. Its very stressful.

You need to move north, where the REAL ACTION is! LOL

Back
Top Bottom