Battery/charger last call

I've searched the threads. Requesting the last word on a replacement battery and charger setup.

Looks like there are some economical alternatives to Yuasa. Any real world experience feedback on these?

MOTOBATT QUADFLEX battery looks interesting with the four posts. Convenient accessory attachment points.

Scorpion specs and price are appealing.

Batteries Plus unit is par with the first two.

Which charger tender? The Jr or the larger unit?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know if you will find consensus any more than an oil thread LOL.
Tender + and Jr. are pretty close. Diff being 1.25amp vs .75 amp bulk charge rate.
Neither is too fast.

I had bad luck with the batteries plus right out of the box.
So far the scorpian seems to be holding up.

Didn't see where the quadflex lists cca? Oem and scorpian are rated 230cca 11.2ahr
Most aftermarket are claimged 190cca.

ztz14s replacement mbtx9u is listed as 10.5ahr at the top of the x'ref sheet and 11ahr at the bottom of the sheet.

Don't know if you will find consensus any more than an oil thread LOL.
Tender + and Jr. are pretty close. Diff being 1.25amp vs .75 amp bulk charge rate.
Neither is too fast.

I had bad luck with the batteries plus right out of the box.
So far the scorpian seems to be holding up.

Didn't see where the quadflex lists cca? Oem and scorpian are rated 230cca 11.2ahr
Most aftermarket are claimged 190cca.

ztz14s replacement mbtx9u is listed as 10.5ahr at the top of the x'ref sheet and 11ahr at the bottom of the sheet.

Yes. I was cringing just the same with the post looking like and receiving attention like the time honored "oil thread". (LOL, too)

I'll check the specs on the MOTOBATT Quadflex again and post what I find. I did see that the supplier of that battery (jacksonville, fl) gave it a two year warranty. Scorpion was one year. Hmmmmmm......

Appreciate the feedback on the Scorpion. I'm leaning that way with the 'Tender with a one stop shop thru Batterystuff.com

Unless a greater voice of reason and stability comes forth....

Bring it! :D:D:D

Never been accused of being particularly reasonable or stable:p:
So hopefully others chime in.:crackup

Back
Top Bottom