Because everyone rides around Nebraska..

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
I suspect because of the helmet law, lack of curves or elevation, and general lack of interesting things, most riders seem to go around Nebraska, choosing either Colorado for north-south, and South Dakota for east-west travel.
But since I live here, I gotta take what I can.

I had a beautiful, serene sunset ride this evening just right around Lincoln.
Harvest season is upon us, and the fields are changing color. Farmers are out there, combinig the breadbasket to feed us all.
As the sun was setting behind me, the half moon came into the view and guided me home.

I thought about how fortunate we ST owners are to experience the world on our bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 167
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 163
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 160
Wow, lovely shots. That second one could be an ad for Honda...if they made ST's anymore.

Nice piccies. And riding in the sun is always good.
But, yes, those roads are more straight than our motorways.
Wherever you ride enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing.
Upt'North.

Always wear a helmet so helmet laws don't impact my riding decisions.

Ridden across Nebraska quite a few times. Enjoyed the wide open spaces, but not the heat in the summer.

Always go through NE on my way to NatSTOC.. The roads may be straight but oddly enough you can always find something different about it to keep you alert.. I didn't think I'd care for riding through there the 1st time but I was wrong, it's a nice ride..

Attachments

• IMG_0010-X2.jpg
    IMG_0010-X2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1989-X2.jpg
    IMG_1989-X2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2686-X2.jpg
    IMG_2686-X2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Nice photos too Mellow. How often does NatSTOC happen? (Found the thread. I'll keep an eye on future announcements.)
Ok, now I'm curious about that Rulo sign:) I'll have to make a trip out there then.
I too always ride with my full face helmet, so that doesn't bother me. And yes, for the heat I always bring some kerchiefs and soak them in water to help with cooling.

Last edited:
Nice pics. I love riding through those wide open spaces. We drove through NB on our way to Mt. Rushmore from Texas. I thought the sand hills were very interesting.

Reactions: Djc
When I lived in Minnesota, I used to ride through NB occasionally on my way to CO. Loved the ride through the sandhills area.

Glad to see someone put a picture of Carhenge :cool:

My brother and I were on our way to WeSTOC 21 in Grand Junction Colorado and we stopped to avoid a large rain storm in front of us. We just happened to be in Alliance. The full story is here:

WeSTOC 21 Ride Report go to #36

tmoldovan said:
I suspect because of the helmet law,

I wear helmet but don't a lot of states around NB also have helmet laws? Does NB have unique or unusual helmet laws?

Ok I don't know how accurate or up to date this info is but at the least I see there are helmet laws then there are helmet laws.

Wow, great pics everyone! Glad to see i wasn't the only one enjoying the wide open spaces.
Iowa to the east, Kansas to the south, and South Dakota to the north don't require helmets. I believe that's the case for Colorado to the west as well.
And yes, sandhills are gorgeous!

I thought the sand hills were very interesting.

Had the occasion to go through Nebraska on the way home from the Black Hills to TX one time and was not looking forward to it. Turned out to be not a bad ride at all. Had no idea whatsoever about the Sand Hills. Just stumbled into them. I too thought they were very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom