Helmets Bell Helmet question

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
A similar device on my Shoei helmet can be used to either lock the shield closed preventing it from opening unintentionally - like when you turn your head at high (illegal) speeds - or propping it open slightly to ensure airflow to minimize fogging.

OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
A similar device on my Shoei helmet can be used to either lock the shield closed preventing it from opening unintentionally - like when you turn your head at high (illegal) speeds - or propping it open slightly to ensure airflow to minimize fogging.
I thought maybe that, but my Bell doesn't have any catch on the shell

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Does it rotate? If you rotate this latch when the face shield is closed, does it cock the shield open a little on that side? My previous helmet had this function. It kept that one side open a little to allow just enough air flow to keep the shield from fogging.

If you don't have it, you should be able to get the owner's manual online which will tell you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
Does it rotate? If you rotate this latch when the face shield is closed, does it cock the shield open a little on that side? My previous helmet had this function. It kept that one side open a little to allow just enough air flow to keep the shield from fogging.

If you don't have it, you should be able to get the owner's manual online which will tell you.
It has nothing on the shell of the helmet for it to interact with

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I believe they redesigned the qualifier to use the RS-1/2 shields, I know the RS-1 has a lever that will lock the shield in that position, I don't know about the RS-2.. but, because it uses the same shield you can opt to buy a photochromatic / transitions-type shield which is nice.

I think your helmet just doesn't have the shield locking mechanism the higher end Bell helmets have.

Top Bottom