Benelli 1200 GT.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Hang on the sport touring market is dead, sure I heard that somewhere, what are they thinking ?

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
I like the look. Not a fan of chain drive (personal opinion). Made in China...parts availability? Reliability?
I think Benelli are doing pretty well in the UK and their lower cc models seem relatively popular and reliable.
Time will tell.
I certainly wouldn't be an early adopter but with a long warranty and decent servicing, it may be OK.
My last chain drive bike, a 1000 cc 4 cylinder jobbie was very easy on the chain and 5000 miles between adjustments wasn't unheard of whilst touring. And no Moly required.
Upt'North.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Okay boomer.

That's a joke by the way.
I wear too much high vis to be getting my sleeves dirty with chain lube every few days!

Remember, we're the lazy generation grandad ! :thumb:
:rofl1: Every line of that post made me laugh.

I'm more than old enough to warrant chain disgust but if advances in performance and wear-resistance please others then that's great for them.

I won't be owning a chain drive bike again though I will admire some (like the CB1100 a beautiful retro homage) – just from beyond arm's length.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
I would rather have a belt drive than a chain. But I think after all is said and done I will stay with a shaft. I am too OLD and LAZY for anything else.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Electric mirrors? Because we cannot reach them? And they automatically fold? They must be connected to a bank angle sensor to retract them when you drop the bike to avoid mirror damage.:rofl1:
I wear too much high vis to be getting my sleeves dirty with chain lube every few days!
Get an automatic chain oiler.

Top Bottom