Best Pia lights wiring connection point???

ST-VTX

Iron Butt Assoc. member#31177
Bike
'05 ST 1300
I have a set of Pia driving lights, and ipod charging cable that needs to be connected to a hot wire which is only energized when the bike is on. Where's the best place to find it?

You can get switched power for the ipod from a quartet harness, but I like my driving lights switched relay to be powered from the highbeam wire. It's the blue wire coming off the headlights.

Sorry, I didn't get a manual with my used ST. Where is the a quartet harness? I'm sure I can find the blue wire coming fromthe headlights...thanks

It's and add on harness LINK

You can also tap acc power from the oem fuse box under the left side cover near the center stand lift handle. I would use this to trigger a relay that powers an add on fuse panel for future farkles. The add on fuse block gets its power direct from the battery thru a fused wire and can handle the higher power requirements for things like aux lights.

+1 for the Quartet Harness, the only problem is that if you don't already have it, you need to remove the left fairing to install it.

Otherwise, you could tap into the running light (I wouldn't touch the brake light for this) and install a relay so that the relay gets 'turned on' with the key, yet pulls it's juice from the battery. Then put in a fuse box from the relay and add all the farkles you want. As for me, I still put in the quartet harness.

Back
Top Bottom