Bike Covers

I usually just buy the cheap XL sized ones at Wally World for $20. They last a year or two and then I just get another one. They fit my ST with a large GiVi top box mounted. Recently I noticed our local Target store had similarly priced covers and decided to try one. I like Target better than Wally World anyway. This one seems to be holding up better than the WW ones.

I use a cheap one (XL) from Menard's. Seems like it's a different brand name everytime I buy one (every 2 - 3 years or so). Some of these are almost more like dust covers than full outdoor weather covers but get the job done. I wouldn't use one of these for outdoor storage but I don't need that. If I expect heavy rain overnight on the road, I'll throw a large plastic bag over the seat, under the cover since that's seems to be the only problem area. I always have a couple of those large plastic garbage bags with me anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions on covers that will fit a 2004 ST with a Honda top bag.

I went with the Dowco Duster because I wanted something that won't scratch the paint and I don't leave my bike out in the weather. Only negative is it's not water proof. I bought the large size but I don't have a top box. It fits my bike great even with backrest on.. Got it at Bikebandit.com for $67.50+shipping.

I also have a question about covers. Has anyone tried the OEM Honda part number for the ST? I saw one on parts line and I think it was about $109. I don't mind spending the extra if it is indeed a proprietary cover and not just a relabeled, one size fits all type.

nelson-rigg xl(jcwhitney) $45.00 has a cotton shield sewn in so the windshield does not scratch

I like this one ,but you would have to order it from David Silver Spares as it is not available over here. Its from Honda and its a Pan cover.
Beyond that ,Geza makes some very nice covers too.

Attachments

• Pan Cover.jpg
    Pan Cover.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 23
Unbelievable!:hat1:

Hey, before you buy: call someone @ NewEnough.com and they will help you chose the right one for your bike and usage! They were a great help and reasonable price too! I use a Nelson-Rigg (Forgot what model/style...:doh1: ) that I bought from them! They provided OUTSTANDING service!!

Have fun!!

I got a half size Dowco Guardian Travel Cover in a XL. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/1471/ITEM/Dowco-Guardian-Traveler-Cover.aspx

It just covers over the saddle bags, covers down to the bottom of the headlight and extends down the sides to the footpeg.

I also have the honda topbox and it fits fine as stated above. This has a stow case to hold the cover and compresses pretty small for travel.

I've had this one going on my 2nd year.

Always garaged at home so just a dust cover ($20ww one) works, have a Tour King 1/2 cover for the road (from Ca Sport Touring) about $35 or so. Also use the towel and plastic bag on the seat trick.

Nelson Rigg UV 2000 XL. Good for touring - durable, and folds up small in a carrying pouch.

Attachments

• IMG_0349 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0349 (Large).JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom