Bike Mechanics in North East CT?

Bike
1999 Honda ST1100
Hi! I'm new to the Honda ST, bought one that needs a bit of work, and honestly I'd rather ask a mechanic to do this as I really don't have a workshop at the moment.
Any mechanic recommendations in North East CT or nearby areas?
Here's what I need:
  • Rear Brake MC rebuild (it's squishy)
  • Pads replaced all-round (this I can do easily, but might as well do alongside the other stuff on this list)
  • Rear tire replaced
It also needs an oil change and other random stuff but that's for me to do. It's the rear tire and rear master cylinder rebuild that I'd rather have someone else do with proper equipment. My bike has braided SS brake lines throughout. I'm just really scared of not bleeding it correctly.

I actually have all the parts for the brake master rebuild, new pads, oil change kit, etc. I've really started to love riding this thing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Hi! I'm new to the Honda ST, bought one that needs a bit of work, and honestly I'd rather ask a mechanic to do this as I really don't have a workshop at the moment.
Any mechanic recommendations in North East CT or nearby areas?
Here's what I need:
  • Rear Brake MC rebuild (it's squishy)
  • Pads replaced all-round (this I can do easily, but might as well do alongside the other stuff on this list)
  • Rear tire replaced
It also needs an oil change and other random stuff but that's for me to do. It's the rear tire and rear master cylinder rebuild that I'd rather have someone else do with proper equipment. My bike has braided SS brake lines throughout. I'm just really scared of not bleeding it correctly.

I actually have all the parts for the brake master rebuild, new pads, oil change kit, etc. I've really started to love riding this thing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
I live in Boston and the meter maids go nuts when I have my ride apart!

Bike
2010 ST1300
Air in the lines can give you a squishy rear brake. I'd hope they bleed the system first before charging you for a rear master cylinder rebuild. Bleeding is a 7 step process, and no more difficult than bleeding a conventional brake system. If you follow @Igofar's suggestion to lift the tank and pull the fairing out gently at the top, you can get to the middle bleed nipple. I always yanked the tupperware and did other maintenance when I changed fluid in my brake system.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Agree...would have the brakes bled, maybe even a couple times, before identifying the rear MC as the culprit for a squishy system.

OP
OP
Bike
1999 Honda ST1100
It's more than squishy; the brake pedal will slowly sink under constant pressure. Classic seal failure symptoms (I have a bit too much experience with air in brake lines and master cylinder failures, enough to know the difference). But thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom