Bikemaster Batteries?

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Well, I guess it's not as bad as starting an oil thread... (I tried searching here, and elsewhere on the interner, and didn't find much on the topic.) Does anyone have any information on the Bikemaster batteries sold as a house brand by Tucker-Rocky? I can get one for about half of the price of a Yuasa, but I'm wondering if there's a technical or performance reason for the lower price. Do you get the full 230 CCA? Is the battery made in China? (I'm willing to pay more for one made elsewhere for philosophical reasons, but I also have quality concerns.) Anyone have experience or information?

I didn't have any luck with the Bikemaster battery that I tried. I think it is a Chinese battery.

I figured out my battery drain, and my stock battery holds a charge just fine now

I've run it down several times, and charged it up from a running car, and no harm done to my electrical system ( I know, I know, that's a no-no, but I didn't know any better at the time!!!!) So I'm convinced the Yuasa is a good quality battery. I had thought about replacing mine, thinking there was a problem with it, but identified my real problem.

farkles , were/was the culprit. The power cord to my XM has a little red led that within two days would run my battery down if I let her sit up during a stint of bad weather and no riding. So now I have a kill switch between the battery and ALL farkles that has KILLED that problem. I've also installed a mini battery meter that I really like and I'm seeing 12.7 volts ignition off all farkles off, and 14 plus volts when she's running.

I dont know if you guys have Cycle Gear stores near you, but here in CA, the Bikemaster batteries are sold with a lifetime warranty. Ive bought a couple for my bikes and so far no problems. I am thinking about getting one for my ST when this OEM battery quits on me.

Anybody ever find out the CCA's on the Bikemaster? My dealer says my battery is bad and they have the Bikemaster or the OEM ($170!). I'm waiting on a call back right now from the dealer. They said they think they can get it done under warranty! I doubt my luck will be that good.

I get mine at a local Willard battery shop. The previous battery lasted 4 years. I pay around $60- $65 for mine. 570-323-5645 if you want to call and ask them if they will ship you one.

Back
Top Bottom