Bluetooth Earbuds

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Hi all, with the option of bluetooth everything these days, I'm pondering buying a pair of earbuds for my riding tunes. Most styles I've seen seem kinda big and bulky and don't look like they'd fit real well with a helmet on. Anyone have any experience with any yet?

Rick

Bike
2005 ST1300
Sorry, I've been using wired earbuds for years and have had such good luck with the sound, noise canceling, and microphone that I haven't switched over. Good luck though. I'd guess there are sets that would work. :dr13:

Bike
08 ST1300
I use LG Tone pro Bluetooth. It has a control unit that fits around your neck ( like a necklace )and has ear buds that have a short wires to the control unit. Fits well under my helmet. Surprised it is not talked about more often.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I used the LG Tone 700 for a while but switched to a Sony unit. It's a small BT box that accepts any headphones with a 3.5mm plug.

There are two advantages with this: 1) the included earbuds have a lower profile than the Tone so the fit much better under my helmet 2) the earphones can be swapped out for a new pair if damaged or an upgrade is desired 3) if the battery goes deadened you can't charge it right away just unplug the buds and plug them into the unit (assuming your cable is long enough and there's a jack). I think it was around $50-60 on Amazon.

I had th Lg Tone and noe the LG tone pro.

If your priority is simply listening to media from your device then they work well for that .

If you think you want to use them to also communicate with your phone then thus far I have found the micrphone placement and noise reduction to be wanting.

I have yet to try a pait of wired earbuds for communication s so unless I find one with a noise reducing mic then that is probably a moot point.

I love the LGs for everything else but for MC media and comms will likely get a Sena unit.

Would love to hear from anyone else on their experirnce though. You are correct not a lot of chatter on this topic.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the ideas thus far guys. My priority is to just listen to music. I don't need the distraction of trying to talk on the phone while I ride. Totally wireless would be ideal, other than something to help keep track of 'em...LOL. Yeah, I relize it's still fairly "new", but you'd think the techies would be chattering this topic up. No big hurry to buy right now with all of winter left. But nice to have some actual feedback

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
My twin uses the Lgs constantly. I've talked with him while he was riding and barely knew he wasn't just on his cell. Not quite as good as the scala for phone, but far superior for music.

I have a set of $25 buds off amazon. They're really good and good battery life. I don't think I really would use those riding... They don't have a way to keep from dropping them while removing my helmet. Great with my iPod though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IG4JB8Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My twin uses the Lgs constantly. I've talked with him while he was riding and barely knew he wasn't just on his cell. Not quite as good as the scala for phone, but far superior for music.

I have a set of $25 buds off amazon. They're really good and good battery life. I don't think I really would use those riding... They don't have a way to keep from dropping them while removing my helmet. Great with my iPod though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IG4JB8Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Huh, I used my LGs to record myself while riding and all I could here was the engine.

As for keeping buds in while donning or doffing a helmet, I use a helmet Slik. Basically a skull cap type hat that used to be more popular back when helmets didnt have removable liners.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm considering getting some custom molded earphones. They can plug into my Sony BT box for a degree of wireless functionality. The problem with most earphones is the transmission of external noise instead of attenuating it. I've found earplugs that reduce external sound significantly but not earbuds.

I use LG hs 750, this is second set of LG wireless ear buds I've had and I love them! Great quality and not too expensive. I can take calls if I desire to, but I rather just listen to tunes. These will last for numerous days without charging. I wore these for 250+ miles Saturday, and all day yesterday, a few solid hours of tunes and still today when I cut them on it still said battery life medium. Can't go wrong with them, they work great, and I have no complaints except for the little clips that hold the wires for the buds, they are weak, but my solution was a few wraps of electrical tape, works great and protects the wires from being damaged.
CoolST

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom