Boots boots? what do you wear??

Joe Rocket Sonic Waterproof Boots

These boots were absolutely waterproof, for one year. Now in a heavy downpour they leak. I wear waterproof socks to help out.

My feet have to stay dry in the rain ALL day in the rain. First I ride in it, which with the ST I won't have any issue staying dry. Second I teach in the rain all day so they have to be comfortable, waterproof, and protect my feet/ankles/leg, when I ride.

I'm sure there are a lot of boots out there that work, these are just the ones I picked.

http://www.newenough.com/street/boo...rocket/sonic_waterproof_motorcycle_boots.html

Alpinestar Supertech R's. I also have TourMaster rain covers I put over them in inclimate weather. What sold me on this boot was the ankle protection and the shape and material of the heel for sliding down the road, if necessary. Don't want to be "propped" up or sent into a tumble by catching a square sided heel in a fast slide....

My former boots are/were TM Response waterproof boot and AlpinStars Ridge waterproof boot. Still have the Stars but they are the secondary boot. I now have as my primary boot the TM Solution waterproof boot. Keep dry with all of them. Had a stitching repair done on the Response boot when they were 2 years old due to me tearing out that seam and that leaked a little until I hit it with some Camp Dry spray. The Stars started leaking across the top of one boot at about the same age but that also stopped with the Camp Dry. Only had the Solutions a few months now, been dry so far but no gully washer rains yet. I have walked through some deep puddles with these and stayed dry :) . Only reason I replaced the Response boots is that they were damaged when I low sided the bike in June. Still waterproof but the toe cup was broken.

ON my second pair of BMW All-around boots. The first survived two sets of soles, over 70,000 miles of all kinds of weather, and one get-off. In fact, I still have that pair as well. :D

My Oxtars are doing well, but I need something like an engineers boot I can wear at work. The Oxtars are referred to as my Batman boots.

Have about 500 miles and a few days wearing around the house (including shoveling snow) on my new Sidi Sport Rain

They seem to be what I expect from Sidi.

I am a Sidi fan though, so my opinion could be biased. Sidi boots fit my feet very well and they last a LONG time.

My DS boots are Sidi Adventure Rain. I've drug them through hell for two years and they still have years left in them.

I am still pretty happy with my $99 Tourmaster Solutions. Not the best at everything, but provide good protection at a decent price, and waterproof to boot!

I picked up a pair of Alpinestar Roam boots during Cyclegear's recent after hours sale. I got 10% off their internet sale price. http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=2&L3=119&L4=&item=ASR_244103-10-39_G

I've only taken one ride with them so far but they kept my feet warm for a hour ride in mid-30's temperatures. They are very comfortable to walk in and are CE rated. I like them so far...:yes:

Aerostich/SIDI lites. I would have gone cheaper but gave up trying to find something in a 15. Turns out the SIDI run big enough that they work great. Great quality boot with leather inner. I like them and they will last forever with new soles every few years.

Sidis are all I wear. I still have my original pair of Stradas along with a pair of Vertigos & just received a new pair of B2 Goretex boots. I can wear the Stradas all day walking around, the Vertigos are race boots & are uncomfortable walking in for any great length of time. The B2s are a newer version of the Stradas with some protection features of the Vertigos. The Sidi repair facility is close by in Encinitas so repair is not a problem.

Just picked up a pair of Triumph Tri Tex riding boots today. I haven't tried them yet on the bike but they were incredibly comfortable in the store. The link shows that at $249 (in Australia) but they were $199 at my local dealer in Canada. Time will tell about durability but so far I'm really happy with this find.

Sidi Mega Rain, just got them, been wearing them to get broke in around the house and small trips around town, so far so good. Like the extra width.

I've tried a couple of the 'real' riding boots... To be honest, I settled on a mid-high hiking boot I got from Timber land a while back... Lots of warmth, comfort and you can walk when you get off. Less to pack! Cost around $100.

Tom, that is the route I thought I would take too but finding a pair big enough that would still fit under the shifter was hard. Seams like a no brainer if you have average sized feet.
I am very pleased with the SIDIs and they are 100% water proof if I stay up on the AquaSeal application.

Red Wing! 4 years old, only showing wear on the bottom, "right boot mainly".

I put the zipper kit on these, super convenient.

Back
Top Bottom