Brake and clutch bleeding device....

I was wondering if anyone has a device that works well for brake and clutch bleeding? Riding season is upon us and I'm determined to bleed my systems, change my coolant, engine oil and final drive oil while my bodywork/tupperware is removed. Input will be very appreciated! Thanks!

Bike
2007 ST1300
I was wondering if anyone has a device that works well for brake and clutch bleeding? Riding season is upon us and I'm determined to bleed my systems, change my coolant, engine oil and final drive oil while my bodywork/tupperware is removed. Input will be very appreciated! Thanks!

All you need is this. Prevents air getting into the system, allows you to pump the brake and clutch master cylinders to push fluid through.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just use my two hands, a wrench, vinyl tubing, a piece of broom stick and a catch container. I used to use a vacuum pump but when it started leaking I just never replaced it.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I had similar problems with vacuum bleeders....leaking, dripping, failing to hold vacuum after just a few uses. Shame, they work great while they work. Switched to the Motion Pro bleeders. The only caution with them is to not excessively loosen up the bleed fittings on the caliper....just enough, too much and the fluid and air will seep around the threads. Not much trouble to figure out.

Last edited:

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I use an Amazon bleeder bottle…works great for me:

I have speedbleeders as well, but I assume if you can prevent pulling air into the system, you’re fine without them (used speedbleeders for several years w/o this bottle…works great on cars too!).

^^ This is for pressure bleeding, not vacuum bleeding. I can bleed brakes and clutch in just a few minutes per master cylinder.

I just use my two hands, a wrench, vinyl tubing, a piece of broom stick and a catch container. I used to use a vacuum pump but when it started leaking I just never replaced it.
Same for clutch for me, except no broom. Is this used on brake bleeding to depress back brake pedal?

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Broom stick required if you don't have a one-way valve bleeder or assistant to help with rear caliper bleeding. :thumb:

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I think that if you've done major brake work like replacing hoses, disassembled and cleaned calipers, rebuilt master cylinder etc. a vacuum bleeder would be nice to have as the lines are empty of fluid. Otherwise Motion Pro is a cheap solution. I've used 4 Speed Bleeders on the ST and been very happy with them. I siphon out as much old fluid as I can from the reservoir, refill and start pumping, Just keep the fluid topped up and it's about 15 - 20 minutes total for brakes and clutch.

Top Bottom