brake pad question

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sintered pads are made of metallic copper bits in a binding compound. Sintered pads give higher performance braking and are less affected in wet conditions. They are also cleaner and leave less dust. EBC claims their organic pads give equal or as good braking performance to sintered pads in actual street use.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have used the ebc pads but found that I got a lot fewer miles on them compared to the Honda OEM pad. I just installed another OEM pad for the rear. I also think the Honda pad is quieter
just my 2 cents

OP
OP
Bike
st1100
STOC #
ordered oem pads online from service honda. $112 includes shipping for three sets. cheapest i could find anywhere. thanks

I like the EBC HH pads, they absolutely work and work well. Organic pads I've had on other bikes tend to have a softer feel to them, if that makes any sense. I like the feel the EBC pads give, and if you're not one of those riders that accelerates into a red light, but rolls out of the gas and lets the bike slow down by anticipating regular stops, I can't see the sintered pads causing that much more wear in the grand scheme. I do feel the sintered pads are better when you need to grab a handful as they grab quickly.

Just one guy's $.02 for what it's worth.

Top Bottom