Brake Pin Stopper Replacements

After two years of use on all four of my ST1100s (and a brake pad change or two) I am very happy I made the swap to these pin stopper replacements. They keep the 'pin head' nice and clean and show no signs of corrosion after two years of use.
Same on mine UP, bright and shiny. Where did that two years go?
Oh yes, I remember.
Upt'North.

After two years of use on all four of my ST1100s (and a brake pad change or two) I am very happy I made the swap to these pin stopper replacements. They keep the 'pin head' nice and clean and show no signs of corrosion after two years of use.
Ditto...
Also used them on GF's NT700... and still got a bag full on the shelf... :cool:

Ah, but these things work even better - IMHO! :biggrin:
Indeed, the threaded plugs provide additional safety, preventing the pins from loosening, possible working themself out...

The rubber plug (prev also present on mentioned NT700VA) might be intended to keep water and road grime out, but can easily be lost, a careless blast with a pressure washer might be all it takes...

I know good and darn well there's some cowboys around these parts.
You got that right...
While drying off my ST1100 after a rinse, I observed a father & son duo going havoc on their bikes (a HD with loud cans and brand new CB500F) in the pressure wash station...
They began with applying car-type wheel cleaner (that stinking, acid based stuff... :mw1:)... you can imagine the rest...

Back
Top Bottom