Bridgestone 32’s

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I had taken to stopping in the safety lanes for pics and picked up a ton of debris.
I find it damned hard to not stop - my DSLR is in my tank bag for easy and quick access. Grab a bunch of shots, toss it back in and take off.

I set out with nearly new BT31s, tried to be careful about debris, got lucky.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Don't tell the bike if you run radials and it will never notice .... - BTDT - thousands of miles! ;)
I bought a brand new ST1100 and it came from the factory with radials ...
You know more about these ST1100's than I do but I thought the abs equipped ones had the radials from the factory and the non abs had bias tires? Oh wait a minute never mind now i see it you bought an abs model:rofl1:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
You know more about these ST1100's than I do but I thought the abs equipped ones had the radials from the factory and the non abs had bias tires? Oh wait a minute never mind now i see it you bought an abs model:rofl1:
But the shocks are the same and the suspension is pretty much the same (except on the ABSII they increased the tire size and the fork size a bit).
I bet the motors were speced for dinosaur oil and not synthetic also ... ;)
BTW, my first ST1100 (1997) was a standard and I still ride it with radial tires.
My hair has not caught on fire and the bike has not refused to run because of the radials. :biggrin:
What I have gone to is a BMW bias on the rear and a radial on the front which works really well as a mileage and handling combination.
And what brand of blinker fluid do you use?

Bike
2007 ST1300
For anyone who has put the 32’s on by hand, using tire spoons, how hard were they to get on and off? I know the T31s were reportedly a bear to spoon on and off.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
But the shocks are the same and the suspension is pretty much the same (except on the ABSII they increased the tire size and the fork size a bit).
BTW, my first ST1100 (1997) was a standard and I still ride it with radial tires.
My hair has not caught on fire and the bike has not refused to run because of the radials. :biggrin:
What I have gone to is a BMW bias on the rear and a radial on the front which works really well as a mileage and handling combination.
I've been running radials on my first edition, black, 91 1100 for years and at least 60,000mi with zero issues.

Get the radials.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Wallmart blinker fluid. Its always on sale but hard to find!

Top Bottom