BT 020 TIRES MOUNTED BACKWARDS???

Bike
2004 st1300
Hi everybody, I recently about 3 months ago bought a 04 st. I was checking tire pressure and generally looking over the rear tire and noticed that the arrow was pointed in the wrong direction: confused: There are about 8000 miles on them and still look pretty good. I know I need to change it to the right direction. Is the tire damaged? should I buy new? I think there is still alot of miles left on them. Thank you for your responses, Mike

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I had the same thing happen with my front 020 a couple of sets ago. It rode fine until about 9,000 miles, then the tread started to wear funny and it didn't handle as well. That's when I noticed they'd been put on backward by the dealer. I now make it a policy to double-check that they're properly mounted when I pick the wheels up from the shop.

The tire won't dispose of water the right way if it's on backwards. I'd have to go outside and look at my rear tire, but under the right conditions it would probably funnel water in underneath.

At 8K, you're already into about 75-80% of the average life of an 020. If the peace of mind you'd get from having it replaced is worth the cost to you, I say gopher it.

--Mark

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'd say to go to the dealer that installed the tire and ask for a new one.

At the very least they should install the new tire for free. If they took money from you for the tire or the installation they are responsible for the professional (and correct) installation of that tire.

If they resist contact the BBB and also check into their licensing and insurance companies.

Top Bottom