Can't go to the CT dark side, but what about flipping out and going "grey side"?

Life is too short to worry about beads poping off or insurance adjusters denying claims just to save a few bucks.

Nothing to worry about. insurance paid twice now, on separate incidents, and never popped a bead and don't see it happening on a CT any easier then a MT since it's the air inside the tire that keeps it on, not the squeezze of the bead.

Worry about what matters more... like who has the fresh pie coming out of the oven?

Tom, didn't you run a Shinko verge 2x on one of your bikes? How did that turn out??
I ran the VergeII, 016's I believe before heading west. Did not like them. Bike felt unstable the whole trip. I had PR4's on them before then. No comparison. Road II's and III's are ok. Next set will be the Angel GT's A Spec. But to be honest, those are for a ride later this summer. I spoon on some 009's for a interim set and see if they handle better.

Most darksiders agree that bike tires handle better than CTs anyways.

This is not true! It is a matter of getting the recipe right. There is more to the darkside than saving money and time.
better traction, better stopping, softer ride. The softer ride makes long trips sooo much better. You do not feel every crack and bump on the road.
If you run a CT at 40+ psi expect to get beat up, and feel the slight lift when you lean it over when the tire goes up on the edge. This is what gives it a bad rap...
But drop it down to 26 psi and everything changes. A nice smooth ride and she leans over in a corner no different than a MC tire except that there is more rubber on the road.
Yes I did the math, I did the analysis, and the CT wins in every aspect. I commute daily 72 miles and I am on my third CT and will never go back.
The ST1300 with a CT is like floating on air and I am double dark...... Nothing grey here and my chances are better......

T.............There is more to the darkside than saving money and time.
better traction, better stopping, softer ride. ........................

I can't believe manufacturers are still putting those inferior bike tires on new bikes!!!! :rofl1:

I can't believe manufacturers are still putting those inferior bike tires on new bikes!!!! :rofl1:

Yep, and the only thing you're allowed to say anymore is that using car tires on a motorcycle is a wonderful thing, there's no difference, everyone should do it, etc. etc.. Saying anything contrary just brings out the vitriol and gets you deleted. :rolleyes:

Can a bike with car tires still take turns as well?
I've ridden with several ST13 darksiders... they could keep up with anyone on any curvy road. As Spiderman stated, tire pressures are very important for darksiders.

Yep, and the only thing you're allowed to say anymore is that using car tires on a motorcycle is a wonderful thing, there's no difference, everyone should do it, etc. etc.. Saying anything contrary just brings out the vitriol and gets you deleted. :rolleyes:

First amendment doesn't apply here? And just how do I get deleted?

Back
Top Bottom