Cardo G4

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
Does anyone know if you can use in ear speakers with the Cardo G4, just got a used set, and I'm still learning

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Does anyone know if you can use in ear speakers with the Cardo G4, just got a used set, and I'm still learning
If you don't have it, the user's manual and much more information is available on their website.

From their G4 FAQ page;
Is it possible to use it with my own earbuds / speakers?

While your unit comes right out of the box with one of the best set of speakers in the business, you can always plug in your favorite earbuds or aftermarket speakers via the standard 3.5mm jack and ride on.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
While your unit comes right out of the box with one of the best set of speakers in the business, you can always plug in your favorite earbuds or aftermarket speakers via the standard 3.5mm jack and ride on.
Nice flex Cardo.

OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
If you don't have it, the user's manual and much more information is available on their website.

From their G4 FAQ page;
Is it possible to use it with my own earbuds / speakers?

Problem is, it only has 1 jack, and that's for input, and doesn't seem to work for ear buds

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Problem is, it only has 1 jack, and that's for input, and doesn't seem to work for ear buds
That isn't what they state. They clearly state that it is a speaker output.
you can always plug in your favorite earbuds or aftermarket speakers via the standard 3.5mm jack and ride on.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Does anyone know if you can use in ear speakers with the Cardo G4
Ear speakers = earbuds? It would seem the FAQ is incorrect.

Short answer — you can't. It looks like the G4 has only one 3.5mm jack and the manual says that's for an MP3 player i.e. external Audio In. The speakers appear to be soldered directly to the PCB.

Long answer — there are some very kludgy workarounds that could do it but it might be easier to just get a newer unit that has an Audio Out jack.

One option is to unsolder the speakers at the speaker end. From there you could add new improved speakers. Easy peasy and job done.

Another option is to unsolder the speakers and wire the ends to a 3.5mm jack and plug in speakers or earbuds with a 3.5mm plug. But this leaves a lot of wire to organize. You could cut the wire to taste but sometimes soldering these very thin wires takes more luck than skill.

Another option would be to unsolder the speaker set at the PCB and add a 3.5mm jack at the end of a short bit of wire. Still not elegant but much easier to abide.

A last option would be to rewire the Audio In jack to Audio Out. Externally the most elegant solution but does require some soldering experience. Or at least a fair amount of practice. Or luck is good too. You lose the wired convenience of plugging in a player but there's still the BT option.

A final last option is again — getting a newer system with an Audio Out jack.

Top Bottom