Cardo Q2 and Sena 20S

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I have just bought a used Cardo Q2 set and I am trying to pair that with my SENA 20S. I get them both into paring mode but nothing happens. I would think that seeing they are both bluetooth, they should connect, but it doesn't appear so. This is as far as the instruction booklet says. Are these not meant to pair with other brands? Any help or knowledge from anyone?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
For two communicators of different makes to pair up, they must be in universal intercom mode. I think that I read that older communicators did not have the universal intercom function. I know nothing of Cardo so I don't know how old a Q2 is, but you might want to check to see if it has this function. I know for sure that the Sena 20S does.

As for the Sena, to pair it with a non Sena brand communicator, you must be in the universal intercom pairing mode, not the regular intercom pairing mode. I would guess that the Cardo has s similar set up and may need to be in a universal intercom mode as well.

I have used the 20S with another cheap no-name brand communicator and it paired up fine.

Just a note;
While you are in universal intercom mode, the distance at which the two communicators will work is less than it is between two Sena communicators.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cdnemsguy
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Thanks Andrew. I went into configuration, then universal pairing, and it worked! I was trying to pair it like it was another Sena and no go. I know the Sena well, but new to this Cardo that is for my FIL. Appreciate the reply.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
So, I will assume that the Cardo have something similar to the Sena universal intercom pairing mode as well, and that both units must be in this mode?

OP
OP
cdnemsguy
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
So, I will assume that the Cardo have something similar to the Sena universal intercom pairing mode as well, and that both units must be in this mode?
I actually only put the Sena into universal mode and then put the Cardo into normal pairing mode. It connected instantly.

Top Bottom