Catching Odometer Numbers while Riding

Monday night. 7k to go for 100k award
cacb79eb4aecd483aaad3cb763c0d1ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I guess this belongs here...

When I gassed up, I reset the trip odo just when the mile clicked over so that I could stop at the right spot.....

99k_100k_a.jpg

Got about 6k more for me to have 100.....

I like to catch them every thousand. This one was today

VK6Fwrd.jpg

I'm probably not the first to catch this. All 10 digits in order 1 thru 0.
IMG_2808.jpg

Nicely done!

Two things about that photo stuck me:

* it took some forethought and a little math to reset the trip meter at just the right moment. Plus discipline and a little luck to not reset it until after the magic moment.

* It cannot be done on an ST1300, because the trip readout is above total mileage. You'd have to have over 500,000 miles or kms on the bike to continue the sequence after 123.4, and as we have seen earlier in the thread it rolls from 199999 to 000000. (At least, it does when displaying one.)

Now that takes some forethought and planning! In 88,101 miles I need to zero out the trip meter... can you remind me?

Now that takes some forethought and planning! In 88,101 miles I need to zero out the trip meter... can you remind me?

Sure, no problem! I'll probably tell you 10 miles too late though....like I did! :rofl1:

While out hunting down a tag I caught these

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 44
Runner said:
While out hunting down a tag I caught these
Well done. I'd have never seen that. In fact I've never seen an X0000 reading at any of my paltry mileage readings.

This thread reminds me of driving sweetheart’s car almost too far to get back to her after dropping her off for a few minutes for an errand so that she could turn 300,000 on the odo.
She drove about a thousand feet to the celebration.

Back
Top Bottom