changes to SPOTWalla

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I noticed some changes to SPOTWalla today that made trips not show all the points.

I sent a note to Jason through the support web site and got a response with a fix and a promise of more changes and restored functionality through the year.

See below.

It seems like the underlying maps have changed in the web interface when looking at a trip from Google Maps to OpenStreetMap.

Not a big deal but at the time of this change it seems like the submenu under the trip name has disappeared.

Instead of the location, adjustments, etc menu I just see Legend.

Am unable to tell the interface to show ...,40, 50,... 100% of the tracking points.

Did something change? What am I missing?

We are switching from Google Maps to Mapbox which is based on Open Street Map. Today's update is the second of more updates that will occur throughout the year to complete the transition and restore some functionality that may be affected.

For now, though, you can still influence the fill % by adding a URL parameter to the trip URL. I'll use this public trip as an example:

spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1b7ed5bb566b1c1bcc

Click that link and you'll something like "Showing 80 of 100". Now click this link:

spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1b7ed5bb566b1c1bcc&fillFactor=100

You should see something like "Showing 100 of 100". The fillFactor parameter tells SpotWalla what percentage of locations to show on the map. See if that helps for now.

In addition to what Jason said if your links have this &hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

at the end just replace all of that with &fillFactor=100

and you should see most of the points.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I noticed the changes as well, and I hope he can get the Adjustments setting back... I 'd like to be able to change it as I zoom in/out, like we used to. Having to tweak the URL is a non-starter for me.

And, if you use Spotwalla much, consider donating a little to help out Jason... https://spotwalla.com/help/index.php

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the heads up. I utilize Spotwalla for all my trips and find it a very useful tool. +1 on donating to it. Jason has helped me on several occasions. Always responds in a timely manner.

Top Bottom