Checking for interest - RTE: BBQ Run?

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
Some of you here know of the TWT Pie Runs that my family started years ago in Texas and are still continuing to this day. In essence, every month (same day of the month) a RTE location was selected and rotated around a geographical area so it can be close to difference people at different times. Anyone was welcome from any area, and it was fun for the whole family. As it grew, folks volunteered to be Pie Scouts to find new locations which were added to the rotation. My family is now gluten free (with other dietary challenges) so pie is out but BBQ works!

Well, I'm thinking about organizing something for this starting in Mississippi and possibly branching out to Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Alabama. Any interest?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Well, I'm thinking about organizing something for this starting in Mississippi and possibly branching out to Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Alabama. Any interest?
Tell me more!
We can munch Southern BBQ and laugh about those guys on another thread, talking about their "Syracuse" (WTH is that?!) barbecue. :rofl1:

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
I like BBQ. I like it a LOT. So many good places in my area. Big Bob's, Holy Smokes, Whitt's, Lawler's, Chuck Wagon, etc. I think I know what I'm having for supper tomorrow!

OP
OP
wczimmerman
Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
So, basically: we pick a day each month (last Saturday was the prior pattern) and then I build a schedule with locations and times. Before each event, I (or a BBQ scout) contacts the location to give them a heads up, let them know that this is no "biker" event (family friendly), and see if they are ready for 50-100 motorcycles to show up. I, or a scout, will scope out the parking to ensure it's reasonable. We'll have a thread posted on the forum announcing the location/time and allowing people to post that they are coming. Often, momentum will build and more people will join to put faces with names.

The Pie Runs were a LOT of fun and something my children recall with fondness. The company and food is also great!

Top Bottom