Code 26

ok, so call me old fashioned, but I very occasionally get the F1 light (i have assumed the F1 light is the same as code 26?? please correct me here if I am wrong), maybe once or twice while she is still warming up in the early part of a ride,... I power off and then back on with the kill switch (while riding/clutching) (on a mellow section of the road where i can coast for a few seconds and restart without using the starter motor) and when she restarts the light goes off. Then I go back to riding. Is this a common work-around (for those with only intermittent error code events)?

I can imagine if this started happening all the time it would become annoying, and that (expensive) ECM R&R would be in order (ouch). Ride safe.

What your describing would be the 5 way tee (vacuum lines) to the throttle bodies is probably clogged up with gunk.
This is common, and pretty easy to do. (search forum)

(i have assumed the F1 light is the same as code 26?? please correct me here if I am wrong)
No, they are not the same.
An illuminated FI lights means that the engine management computer, the ECM, has detected a fault. Detecting a fault causes the ECM to illuminate the FI light and store a failure code related to that fault. The fault can be any number of things that each have their own unique failure code. Failure code 26 is but one of many available failure codes. The codes that are causing the FI light to illuminate need to be read from the ECM.

Thank you to Igofar and Andrew for the feedback! Will check the 5-way vacuum T and read my codes. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom