Cold Weather 1 / Battery 0

The battery on my 2005 ST1300 failed me this morning, thankfully not far from home. It had sat for a while in the 30 degree air while I was out and two grunts is all that I got out of it when I tried the starter. A friend came by with his truck and jumpers and I have it back in the garage. This is my second battery (Yuasa). I use a Battery Tender when the bike is not in use.

So, may I have a few opinions of what is the current best replacement battery and the source for purchase? I would like to get the most CCA's and durability.

Thank you!

Is that the Li type battery that is physically smaller? Does it have comparable CCA's etc.?

I have had the shorai for 3 year now and no issues at all, I think it has 270 ca.

That's a good battery for the $. Let us know what you finally decide on.

I will try to read up some this weekend and choose a battery. This new battery will be my third including the original supplied with the bike. The OEM battery, also a Yuasa, gave some warning that it was getting weak. This one started the bike up fine this morning, I ran the bike for about 20 minutes and had it parked for about 20 minutes (30 degrees) and then about three revolutions of the starter was all that was left in the battery.

I have had good luck with 2 Yuasa's.
My previous one last 5 years and the OEM YUASA I installed this spring hopefully will last another 5. Never had to put a battery tender or charger on it yet. I ride daily.
Also I have a battery bug, so I can see how much life is left in the battery. 70% life left in it the last time I looked.
My previous battery went down to 16%, so it was a good sign to replace it.
Check eBay as there may be a few left on there. They stopped building battery bugs due to a patent infraction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Argus-BB-SB...356?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d41a328b4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 7
I opted to be conservative and ordered another Yuasa. I checked my records and realized that I got good service out of the last one. I appreciate the responses.

Back
Top Bottom