Confession

I bought the cover to keep the worst of the elements off the Pan. However the cover appears to have acted like a sail, causing the Pan to adopt the horizontal pose. In hindsight though, that particular part of the drive had a slight downward slope, so the centre stand wasn't at the best angle.

Damage was a scratch to the pannier when it hit the step, which has mostly polished out. The hard part was getting the cover off the Pan to be able to lift it.

To add insult to injury, at the time the Pan went over, I was online in this very forum reading about other tales of horizontal parking. You couldn't make it up.

Attachments

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Well at least you missed the fence!!!:eek:

I'm wondering if you would have been better off putting it on the center stand first?

Also think that Finewest owes you one now...

STOC #
I bought the cover to keep the worst of the elements off the Pan. However the cover appears to have acted like a sail, causing the Pan to adopt the horizontal pose. In hindsight though, that particular part of the drive had a slight downward slope, so the centre stand wasn't at the best angle.

Damage was a scratch to the pannier when it hit the step, which has mostly polished out. The hard part was getting the cover off the Pan to be able to lift it.

To add insult to injury, at the time the Pan went over, I was online in this very forum reading about other tales of horizontal parking. You couldn't make it up.

Firstly I'd like to say that is one nice looking red. Second, it would look nicer upright. LOL.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I think another couple of disc locks on the right front rotor would have solved the weight imbalance problem. :D

--Mark

OP
OP
Spotthegerbil
I think another couple of disc locks on the right front rotor would have solved the weight imbalance problem. :D

--Mark
That's not just any disc lock, it's got a motion activated alarm. So when you make an idiot of yourself, everyone looks... :rolleyes:

Bike
2005 GL1800
Its been pretty windy (British understatement :D ) in Scotland the last few days.
I'm on a ship in the North Sea at the moment and we've been battered by storm force 10 - 12 for the last couple of nights.

Glad the damage wasn't too bad.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
That's not just any disc lock, it's got a motion activated alarm. So when you make an idiot of yourself, everyone looks... :rolleyes:
Always good to spread the wealth. :) No sense pulling a stunt and not letting everyone in on it. Gotta love the tip over wings.

STOC #
At Least I managed to get a picture of mine as it went down

I was taking a what I thought was a very nice picture of the view with the pan in the foreground when I realized my beautiful Pan was moving in the view finder........Still got the picture though

Peter

Picture taken near Crieff in Scotland

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #

Again, I need to make a "rule book" on tip overs. I had thought that the TOA (Tip Over Award) would be for the folks who tipped over the bike on their own. I don't know if this one applies. So... Without any true guidelines I defer and award you your TOA! Here it is!

OP
OP
Spotthegerbil
By the way, has anyone else ever noticed that the speed that the bike falls over is related to the distance you are from the calamity??? Any more than 10 foot away and the machine falls over in a graceful arc that you are helpless to prevent. But if you're astride the beast, the first thing you know of the incident is a sudden realisation that the world has just rotated 90 degrees.

Top Bottom