Cool moment in Whataburger

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Did you try waving with all your fingers?????:D
Ahhhhh. Maybe that's the key. Hey, now I didn't say I'll never get a wave. I'll throw out it's a 50 / 50 shot. I'll do it anyway just so they can tell their buddies "some nut riding a Honda was dressed like he was going into battle and wearing a bright neon helmet, waved at me... kook." :mw1:

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I get about the same percentage of HD riders that will wave back at me as I do any other bikes, about 90/10%. I dont expect an HD rider with ape hangers is gonna wave... I wouldn't take my hand off the bars if I dared to try and drive one of those ! lol !!
and I wave at little kids too George,,, they are usually waving at me first when I happen to see them, so no way am I not gonna wave at them... they really get a kick out of it :D

Keith

Bike
2003 Goldwing
STOC #
I wave at all motorcyclists. Doesn't matter what brand. That habit started for me back in my hometown when I first started riding. Didn't matter how many times we saw the same riders go by. Always a friendly wave.

I get a kick out of sometimes when I wave at Harley riders; the guy won't wave back but his girlfriend/wife/whatever will wave as if to say, "save me from this overpriced, vibrating P.O.C."

Or that's what I tell myself.

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
It's hard to start a wave on a bike. Just about the time I get onto my feet and throw my hands in the air I get a little off balance ......

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I get a kick out of sometimes when I wave at Harley riders; the guy won't wave back but his girlfriend/wife/whatever will wave as if to say, "save me from this overpriced, vibrating P.O.C."

Or that's what I tell myself.
+1 :crackup

Agree with Gruuvy. Trying to conform to stadium standards can be hazardous :wave1:

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
On 6k miles done since May 15th I found the HD riders waved more than the sport bike riders...

I also noted that when the other rider wears a black jacket and black gloves you sometimes miss that he waved...
So... change your glove color and watch their hands inSTead of their bike or the road ahead of you... DOH!
Sport bike riders can't wave. They'll fall forward and bump their nose on the tank.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Just came back from a 4200mi jaunt to Ontario, if you're in the middle of ND/MN/MI or northern Ontario the only guys you see are Harley guys and they wave! You roll into town and all bets are off. The guys riding the German bikes were a little more "reserved" about doing the wave. No matter, it's the chats in the little cafes and eateries that makes the ride special, in both countries!
I'm with Marty's observation:

Harley riders in metro areas are often cool and unfriendly. That's not because they ride Harley's though: It's because they're not riders - real riders. In metro areas, I don't always wave that often either. There's just too many two-wheelers.

To all of us who have left the chains of the cities we live in, though, and spent a week on the road in the middle of nowhere, we realize that the marque on the gas tank doesn't amount to anything. We've had fantastic talks about things to see, roads not to miss and meals to eat with riders of ALL brands at camp sites, rest stops, diners, etc.

Riders - real riders - do share that unspoken bond, I believe. We have an attitude of exploration and adventure that most people in cages and cubes have long since lost a basic human drive for. We know that somewhere, where the lights aren't so bright all the time, and the air is a bit sweeter, there's still adventure to be found in this horribly fast, modern world we've created.

Riders - real riders - are a throwback to another era. We're cowboys. We're explorers. We're mappers and hunters. We're poets and philosophers. We're never content with the routine life that so many people call "a living".

I've yet to meet a rider - real rider - that I haven't found personable and friendly.

STOC #
Riders - real riders - are a throwback to another era. We're Cowboys
In the words of Bon Jovi (well some of them):

Im a cowboy, on a ST I ride
Im wanted dead or alive
Im a cowboy, I got the STOC on my side
Im wanted dead or alive
:p:

Top Bottom