Coolant change

Joined
Sep 15, 2026
Messages
2
Age
63
Location
Rhode Island
Bike
2005 St1300
Hello everyone, first time posting. I just bought a 2005 st1300 with about 16,500 miles. The bike runs very well, but being the third owner I thought I'd replace the air filter and plugs along with fixing the heated grips and 12v outlet. My question is, should I also change the coolant. I checked and it looks green and clean and the bike has no visible coolant leaks. If so, what coolant should I use without silicate and borate (s), I think that's right.
 
It doesn't get much mention here, but I've used Evan's Waterless Coolant for about 200,000 miles on my bike an it works well. Supposed to be permanent, although I have changed it, just because. Seems to be easier on the system, because it doesn't pressurize the system.
 
Coolant does wear out*, and if you have no information when the present juice was installed, you are better off changing it. Honda type 2 is an excellent choice. I found that a gallon's price varied by $10 for a gallon at local auto dealerships (I called 3 and bought it from the cheapest).

*The anti corrosion chemicals in the mix.
 
It doesn't get much mention here, but I've used Evan's Waterless Coolant for about 200,000 miles on my bike an it works well. Supposed to be permanent, although I have changed it, just because. Seems to be easier on the system, because it doesn't pressurize the system.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the information!
 
Back
Top Bottom