Crap! It's Monday again! But there's Coffee!

Morning Dave, Ray & All from mostly sunny, :wind1: & COLD, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 30F, heading for 50F. The snow is all gone :thumb:, but it looks like rain will be here in a couple of days. The winds are already blowing from the SSW @ 12 to 17mph.

I'll be cleaning the garage first, from my install of the air springs. Then I'll start removing the tupperware off the 2010 and put the :dr13: on it. I don't know why I don't do this at night, since I could probably change out the tupperware in my sleep! :think1:

Eggs, bacon, toast & OJ to wash it all down. Pepsi to come later!

Anyone :bk13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Good morning and thanks for the coffee. It is 50° with clear blue skies. We only got one inch of that liquid stuff from the sky.
Mammoth mountain got 3 feet of snow. The place where we were suppose to go play in the snow last Saturday only got 8 inches.
But we got canceled due to the forecasted road closures.
It is just 325 miles for me to Convict lake but the other 300 people that were also coming could not get over the Sierra passes.
So we got rescheduled to the 23rd.
The artic ice is at its maximum and will begin melting which means we are on our way to spring!

Ides of march.jpg

enjoy the day.

The only things outside are the garlic which was planted about 4 weeks ago and is about 2" out of the ground, spring onions which are ready for picking planted in September and the Nicola potatoes are chitting indoors until Easter. The rhubarb will be ready shortly too. Feels good to see stuff growing.
Ray.

Do yo do the barrel trick over the rhubarb to make the stalks grow upward?

We have four rhubarb plants, one is forced each year for early pink stems, this years it's the little beaut called "Canada Red", I know!
I use a terracotta forcer, which is actually an enormous old plant pot. I'm cheap!
Upt.

I've only seen old plastic 55 gallon drums used. The fancy terracotta pots I've only seen in photos. Other than that we always got rhubarb from one of the neighbors. They had it down by the tree line and hated it. It was never looked after and grew like weed! It was the envy of every rhubarb grower in the neighborhood.

I've only seen old plastic 55 gallon drums used. The fancy terracotta pots I've only seen in photos. Other than that we always got rhubarb from one of the neighbors. They had it down by the tree line and hated it. It was never looked after and grew like weed! It was the envy of every rhubarb grower in the neighborhood.

I’ve managed to destroy every rhubarb plant I’ve planted!!
The worst was when my lawnmower quit & I jumped on the tractor that I had been bush hogging with!
There were wee bits everywhere! :rofl1:
I don’t plant it anymore…….

Back
Top Bottom