Crash at OnSTOC! :(

Patty !!!! Glad you are OK !! This was a terrible weekend for riders around here... I had no idea. Just counting my blessings and good luck... bless your heart and heal quickly!!

Unbelievable! :eek:

Patty, I for one know how scary it is to have a motorcycle chasing you through the air! Mine didn't land on me but it was close enough!!! Thank the Lord you were in your gear and we not hurt worse! May God grant you a speedy recovery and the courage to ride again. After all, you have many folks yet to meet somewhere out there! :)

Take care and rest up!

Sorry to hear about your crash Patty,glad you are ok and able to talk about it,I'd say the new tyre was a big factor,I know a guy here who fits tyres and he told me he has seen guys slide on the first corner they meet after fitting new rubber,have to scrub them in well.
You still have your trip to Ireland to look forward to,hope your back in the saddle soon,take care

Yikes! This is the sort of thread I simply never want to read, but I'm glad to hear you are back at home as that is usually the best place to heal up. Get well soon!

PS - You might want to be careful how long you leave Scarlett in George's garage, at some point squatter's rights kick in and I know George isn't opposed to having a fleet of bikes at his disposal:D

Oh dear, Patty...so sorry to hear about your accident and injuries. Just thankful you are okay, for the most part. Hard to believe your injuries were not a lot worse, especially with the bike landing on top of you. You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you take time to heal.

Diana & Tim

Patty its now my turn for well wishes. This really is not cool. So gald you're ok. The exhaust part really could not have been fun. Glad to hear you doing good with some pain meds it will all be ok. Bike on top of you ouch! that just sounds like it hurts. Get well quick.

OK, some day when we're all ancient and in our rocking chairs, enjoying a caveman TV that our grandchildren were kind enough to start for us in spite of the prohibition of naked lights, savoring a nice fresh fruit pie that someone still trusted with knives and an oven was kind enough to bake for us, some day when we're reminiscing about the good ol' days when motorcycles had internal combustion engines and exhaust pipes and mechanical brakes, on a day such as that Peppermint Patty Hamilton herself will listen with a linguist's ears (you knew those were special, didn't you?) and at the precise moment chime in with a tall, taller, tallest tale of that time when she took a curve at 260 km/h (imagine we're in Canada, so it's metric) riding a Suzuki Gladius Scarlett, the fastest motorcycle know to Canadiana at the time, low sided and high sided in the same get-off, spun end-over-end several thousand meters (more metric system) through the air, taking out bears and moose and rookie OPP officers on her way to a perfect bike-cushioning landing at the bottom of a ravine so steep that it was probably in South America although no one was sure of the jurisdiction so we'll never know for certain, and her friends rushed to her side to congratulate her on such a fine maneuver (some cursing in their enthusiasm!) and with all appropriate haste offered her a ride in an ambulance so she could prove to the national health care system, which her not-so-small taxes damn well paid for, that she was going to be just fine, thank you very much so and would be on a train (remember those?) back home forthwith.

Anyway, that's how Patty will remember it leventy-seven years from now around a caveman TV our grandchildren started for us old-timers somewhere up in Canada.

More pie, Patty?

More pie, Patty?

Oh, yes please!!! :D

Sorry everybody, meant to answer so many of your posts by now, but I am in SERIOUS pain and that's a little distracting. Had to change my own burn dressing today...heh...it took at least a half-hour and hurt like a...well, you know...but it's done and the burn looks like it's progressing (I won't say healing, yet...still waiting for the blisters on the 2nd degree to burst on their own...the third degree is also doing well, but it's deep, so no feeling there). I live alone, so I have no choice but to do basic things for myself (like wash :eek:: and make food) and a mere 10 minutes of movement sends my back into indescribable spasms. I will be able to speak of this leventy-seven years from now, around caveman TV, with pie.

In answer to some of the comments I can remember off the top of my head:

Dinkie, I will most definitely join you in the chat room on Wednesday. And yes, I can still wipe, albeit not without wincing.
Fali, that Himalayan sunset has been in my head since the first time I saw it. I WILL paint it, make no mistake...might take a while for me to be able to tackle it at this point, though...painting a canvas, whether on gesso or silk, is work and you'd be surprised at how much your back gets involved in the process!!
Jim (nhdiesel), well said. And as for the cockeyed windshield, you would have laughed...one side of it popped right out of the bracket in the crash, but didn't get damaged at all...Karl (snyderK) put it back in and it's good as new...and still straight! :) He also assessed the damage and took Scarlett for a test ride, bent handlebars and all! Bless you, Karl!

Now about that "touching a buffalo" thing...Keith? Earth to Keith! You WHAT?

Bones, heh...you rock. Dat's all I got to say about dat.

I'm hangin' in there, folks. But I can tell you that I will be asking my good doctor, when I see him on Thursday (earliest he's available) for some stronger "happy pills," as I'd really like to be able to sleep more than an hour at a time!!

Patty

I wish you were feeling better Patty. We are all very happy you feel as good as you do. Take care and good luck on Tue. :D

Well dang Patti, I am glad it wasn't any worse. Heal well, and don't let your pain get ahead of your meds.

I believe I read that you are in Lachine as am I. If you are stuck and need assistance with anything let me know if I can help.

Patty you are always one of the first on here to offer prayers and thoughts so from our household "you rest up and heal quickly your in our prayers and thoughts" Cheers Elmer (Wullie) and Stuart D.

Back
Top Bottom