increasing
Site Supporter
Cruise Control on ST1100, anyone who has experience with retrofitting or has installed?
I've looked a bit on the website but can't find anything for the ST1100, which kit do you choose? Feel free to post a link here.McCruise out of Australia - Excellent unit, excellent installation instructions - I have them on all of my running ST1100s.
https://mccruise.com/
Thousands of miles using them on trips and locally.
Some riders have taken automotive units and fitted them to the ST1100.
The biggest issue is connecting the unit's 'pull' connection to the throttle pulley on the carbs.
McCruise developed a CIU to take care of that issue very nicely.
I have seen an implementation using the ST1100 police switch and a Rostra unit but it is pretty complicated to get it correct.
The one specifically for the ST1100.I've looked a bit on the website but can't find anything for the ST1100, which kit do you choose? Feel free to post a link here.
https://mccruise.com/product/universal-d-dual-spool-ciu-parts-kit/The one specifically for the ST1100.
You probably will have to email or call them to see if they still have them.
My hunch is they probably do - but I could be wrong.
Is this a kit you have installed on your ST1100?
No, it's a part that comes with the CC kit and also sold separately that adds the CC;s servo cable to the bikes throttle cables. The ST1100 throttle pulley does not have room to add a second pull cable.Is this a kit you have installed on your ST1100?
Thanks, good info regarding installing cruise control on the ST1100. I think I'll send an email to get a complete order list of what needs to be ordered.No, it's a part that comes with the CC kit and also sold separately that adds the CC;s servo cable to the bikes throttle cables. The ST1100 throttle pulley does not have room to add a second pull cable.
The only bike I have added a CC to is my '96 Nighthawk 750. I used a Rostra 250-1223 and a Trail Tech 3-button switch pod.
I have toyed with two alternatives for the ST throttle:
1. Use an old-fashioned throttle-cable splitter in reverse to make a wye pull cable.
2. Replace the return cable in the handlebar housing with the CC's servo cable.
If MCCruise still sells the kit, it will have everything you need - including zip ties.Thanks, good info regarding installing cruise control on the ST1100. I think I'll send an email to get a complete order list of what needs to be ordered.
Hi,
We have not fitted the current version of the cruise control to this model.
The main difference is the vacuum throttle actuator that was used on this model is no longer available. It has been replaced with our electric throttle servo. This is a different size and shape to the vacuum actuator, so we don't know where or how it can be mounted on the bike.
We have a handful of photos from two other customers showing how they fitted the cruise throttle servo on the ST1100.
The cruise kit will be supplied with the new servo, any brackets that you ask for (there is a document showing all these brackets and how they have been used to mount the servo on a variety of bikes), and either cable and wire lengths you specify OR a long cable and wires that you can cut and finish to length to suit your installation.
It is not currently on our web site, but we can arrange so you can purchase it is you wish.
Happy to send you all the documentation so you can see what will be involved in fitting the cruise.
Let me know if you want to see it.
Cost will be AU$1364 plus shipping of approx. AU$130.
Not sure what tax or duty will be payable into Norway.
Best regards,
I was the first person in the world to fit the electronic actuator on a ST1100 according to Tony and Frank (the owners).Got a very quick response from McCruise to my inquiry, it seemed like this is a good alternative to a well-functioning cruise control that will definitely increase the use value of an already good ST1100![]()
I don't have a clue as I did all my installs on ST1100s.Please tell me how to identify and where to tap into the VSS wire. The service manual lists at least two colors for this wire and I am totally lost trying to figure this one out. Thank you.
AI says the speed sensor feeds a pink wire with green stripes, emits a 5v square wave, and is accessible at the bottom of the rear crankcase cover near the center stand, at a nearby black 3-pin connector, or near the instrument panel.Please tell me how to identify and where to tap into the VSS wire. The service manual lists at least two colors for this wire and I am totally lost trying to figure this one out. Thank you.