DC: Tag

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Isn't it about time Washington DC had a tag? Go find this place if you can handle terrible traffic.

Raymond

Attachments

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
DC Tag Discussion

Say hello to all my family there Raymond. Yes the traffic is terrible there. But the Metro works pretty good to get around there.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Re: DC

...Yes the traffic is terrible there. But the Metro works pretty good to get around there.
But, unless they have extended the bikes-on-trains policy to include large motorcycles, that doesn't do much to assist a would-be tag mover.

Saturday and Sunday mornings, early (before 9-ish), will be the best times to move the tag, or after 9 on weekend evenings. I wouldn't get near the place during the week, except perhaps in the very wee morning hours.

Despite its tiny size (about ten miles square originally, before the part originally carved out from Virginia was returned to the Old Dominion) there are lots of potential tag locations. For all its political issues, of which there are many, the District has a dense concentration of places of interest (a number of which were good for bonus points in the 2015 Iron Butt Rally) as well as many fascinating neighborhoods. Whether that's enough to draw tag movers is something I guess we'll see in the coming days, weeks, and months.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Re: DC

But, unless they have extended the bikes-on-trains policy to include large motorcycles, that doesn't do much to assist a would-be tag mover.

Saturday and Sunday mornings, early (before 9-ish), will be the best times to move the tag, or after 9 on weekend evenings. I wouldn't get near the place during the week, except perhaps in the very wee morning hours.

Despite its tiny size (about ten miles square originally, before the part originally carved out from Virginia was returned to the Old Dominion) there are lots of potential tag locations. For all its political issues, of which there are many, the District has a dense concentration of places of interest (a number of which were good for bonus points in the 2015 Iron Butt Rally) as well as many fascinating neighborhoods. Whether that's enough to draw tag movers is something I guess we'll see in the coming days, weeks, and months.
I may have to revive the DC tag. . . . . I didn't notice it until tonight!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here is a cool DC pic with my old CBR

Last edited:
Top Bottom