Denso 40 amp alternator replacement

Bike
1998 st1100aw abs
Is anybody aware of a direct replacement for this alternator ? i did find some where that it was superseded by a company called Lester ? with the part number 12505 or PIC code of 290-5250 im not talking about adapting one to fit,....although has anyone done that ?, I did hear one from a Suzuki bandit is able to be used if the rotor is changed over,??

Is there a direct replacement that just fits straight on ? there must be another choice then being held to ransom from Honda and david silver spares

can one of a 1300 be used ? is it the same as the 1100, and why is it nearly a ?1000 just for an alternator

what happens when the denso's run out ???

i cant believe weve no other choice ??

Is anybody aware of a direct replacement for this alternator ?
Norm did some extensive research on alternatives...
Technically is it a standard, air-cooled Denso unit with on-board VRR, so there possibilities that one used in a forklift or other power equipment might fit...

BUT:
there is the issue of the shaft/adaptor matching the ST's alternator drive...
then there the issues with the mounts and O-ring support on the forward cover, where its fixed and sealed to the ST's engine case...
then the issues with the alignment of the bolts holding front and rear cover together, in conjunction of above...

At the end no one was willing to invest in ordering like 10~15 various available Denso units and compare them 1:1 with a genuine 40A ST1100 unit...

Top Bottom