did my 40 over the weekend

Bike
1994 st 1100
Did the 40 amp switch this weekend and thanks to johns toolkit and bills (silver streak) help is wasnt too bad we had a few glitches mainly figuring out how to remove the old alt and installing the new but once we watched the video on u tube on how to do the 60 degree install it almost fell in i told bill it was so easy he should take it out and put it back in hahahahahaha one thing we had a lot of trouble with was trying to pull the lewis pin out no matter how hard we pulled it would come out so i thought i would have to pull the pan and get it out luckly my oil sight glass was leaking so i wanted to change the o ring on that well when i took that off i saw i could just take a long screwdriver and knock it out came out real easy so i think better that pulling the pin with the wire its much easier to remove the sight glass pop it out and use the wire to remove it all in all an easy weekend job i know i could do it my self thanks again Bill and John

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
That's gotta be the longest sentence I've ever read.. I think I got most of it. For readers, periods are good things.

I'm on the fence about doing the upgrade, as I hardly have any extras. Would like to put my driving lights on though. Won't be doing that with the 28 amper.

Bike
92 ST1100
You might think about LED driving lights vs halogen. HUGE savings in power.

I put HID's in the main lamps. That saved me 2 x 25W AND gave me more light. *HOWEVER* HIDs scatter light and will momentarily blind oncoming traffic as they pass by, inrritate drivers in front (they know your there!) and light up overhead signs really well. In other words, HIDs don't have the same pattern as halogens. Still, it's worth it to see a bit further down the road. HID Hi beams are good enough to see deer, moose, and other things lurking on the side of the road and that is priceless.

Best,
- c bob

Top Bottom