Did you ever?

It's got two wheels, nice big motor, lots of bling and cheap. Why wouldn't you.
It would cost a whole lot more over here, I'm guessing double.
Enjoy it John, you might need ear plugs after your GW.
Upt'North.

Cool, that's the Harley that the faithful couldn't abide. I'm sure you will enjoy the contrast with your other bikes.

I saw your post is in the Harley category but could not imagine you on a big Harley touring bike or figure out what you did.
V Rod, the anti Harley Harley.
Now it all makes sense to me.
Really cool bike inside and out, enjoy.

Porsche had extensive input on the engine. Wish I would quit changing my mind from day to day on a second bike, I saw an article somewhere recently that the V-Rod was one of the best deals for a used motorcycle now. Be nice if you could get those leather Road King bags to fit on it.

Be nice if you could get those leather Road King bags to fit on it.

It would be nice if I had a place to store extra sunglasses. Or even earplugs! Maybe fanny packs will come back in style.

Way to go John. Buy what you want and ride it like the devil is chasing you.

I watched a video about the development of the V-Rod before they came out. Lots of research and development went into the design. The hard core pirates did not accept, endorse or buy the bike. See if you can find the video. It's worth the search.

Congrats on the new bike.

John

I bought my first ST1100 in 1991 on a trip to get a can of Honda Spray Polish for my 1977 BMW. The owner of the Honda shop was a friend. He said "Hey Lee you got to ride this new bike I got in. It's balls!" He wouldn't take "no" so I took it out. When I came back he had a big smile on his face. I said "You SOB" and he said, "You're going to buy it, aren't you?"

I did.

215 miles today and I can’t even complain about the stock seat. Didn’t miss not having cruise, GPS, adjustable windscreen, or any windscreen, if that matters. No fairing, no radio, no DCT. Didn’t matter. Nothing but fun, all day.

John

Top Bottom