do you have any experience with uv activated glue ?

v8-7

Site Supporter
Having unsuccessfully tried to fix plastic parts way too many times, This stuff looks too good to be true ..

Anyone have first hand experience with this type of glue ?

I've not used that exact one, but I've used quite a bit of industrial UV cured adhesive in the med device space. It's very common and works really well, in the right application.

Last edited:
Used to use it quite a bit when building glass pieces, works great and just a dab does ya.

Dentists use UV activated material for restorations (fillings) on teeth. You might want to ask your dentist (or a ST rider who is a dental surgeon) for their thoughts on the matter.

Michael

Dentists use UV activated material for restorations (fillings) on teeth. You might want to ask your dentist (or a ST rider who is a dental surgeon) for their thoughts on the matter.

Back when I used to work for a living I built a manufacturing line in Puerto Rico to manufacture UV activated dental sealer. One interesting fact was that we had to operate it essentially in the dark. Only a little bit of red light was allowed. Even ambient white light had enough UV to start the curing process and would ruin the batch. It was not as forgiving to white light as this product apparently is.

I doubt that having the same method of curing creates much commonality in the performance characteristics of the material. Much the same as you wouldn't necessarily expect two heat, time, solvent, catalyst, aerobic, or anaerobically cured adhesives to have the same physical properties and applications.

looks like the same stuff we use to do chip repairs in windshields and re glueing rear view mirror buttons ...... good stuff but clean & dry is key :D

I've tried it and it may work for an emergency plastic fix, but didn't seem to work well for a more permanent fix.

Top Bottom