Dons ST1100 40A Alternator upgrade

Packer

Slacker
STOC #
I finally got a writeup done with some of the highlights of my 40A alternator upgrade.

I created it in MS Word but converted it to PDF so more folks could view it. Converter sort of spreads it out more but should be helpful.

Thanks to all those who helped me, especially John O. for the use of his toolkit.

Here's the link to the 40A alternator install instructions and info:
http://www.stocrallies.com/st-riders/index.php?topic=942.0

Attachments

• Dons 40A upgrade with Pics.pdf
    656.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Good report and good pics, Don. Thanks from all future up-date-ers for the videos.

My technique was to try for 5 minutes, then go pee. Next person was able to get it in while I was gone. :D

One of the hard parts to me was getting the swing arm boot back in place on the rear of the tranny.

Good report and good pics, Don. Thanks from all future up-date-ers for the videos.

My technique was to try for 5 minutes, then go pee. Next person was able to get it in while I was gone. :D

One of the hard parts to me was getting the swing arm boot back in place on the rear of the tranny.

Thanks for the comments George.

I'll try that pee routine the next time I have a problem. :)
Of course at my age I may have a problem with that too. :D

I believe that sometimes when doing maintenance it's just plain luck. My boot was 80% on before I thought to check on it.

Anybody else having trouble with Don's PDF file? I tried opening it from ST-Owners and also right-clicking and downloading. My up-to-date Adobe Reader 7.0 sez:

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

Also, I apparently only get 130KB of what's listed as a 657KB file.

Up-to-date WinXP Home Ed, and IE7.0.

Regards, John

Update: dunno what the heck the problem was, but the sixth time was the charm and I got the whole download and the file opened just fine. Good job, Don!

Regards, John

Back
Top Bottom