Don't buy from Chaparral Motorsports

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
All this talk about rubber and date codes REALLY gets the juices flowing !

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Not really.
Actually yes really. My point wasn't about putting a newer tire in the post but a response to the "should have tried to do something to work with you from a customer satisfaction perspective" perspective. There are a number of ways they could have done something that didn't include hold of a fresher tire such as offer a discount on the tire or the next purchase blah blah. My point was — under the circumstances I don't think there was reason to do so. It wasn't as if Chaparral made a mistake or acted in bad faith. So I'm saying that it's reasonable for to offer a polite and tactful "Sorry but that's not going to happen". (I could never own a business either.)

Now maybe somebody contacting the San Bernardino store could make an arrangement to get a fresher tire but I think that could/would and probably should cost extra as they may not be in the habit of doing shipments from that store. I dunno. I've only ordered tires online once and whatever they sent was fine by me.

The Dude abides.

Because of this thread I went ahead an bought some air wings from Chaparral. My experience was mediocre at best. They are a corporation squeezing every last penny from the market that they can. I won't buy from them again.

Bike
Blue 04 ST
I guess I am living on the edge. I don't even bother to check the manufacture date. I buy them, put them on, wear them out. Rinse and repeat.
About 250,000 miles and so far, so good.
Same hear, I know about the date but payed it no mind. I did have a shop check the date before they installed my tires.

Bike
Blue 04 ST
Unfortunately, that's not what happened here. In the produce example, the consumer is making the selection decision. With the tire topic, the buyer subrogated the selection decision to the kid working in the warehouse.

I think the take away is, if you have a prerequisite to your purchase, it needs to be communicated to the vendor. Most now have 800 numbers to call, or a "Comments" section of the order screen.
That's if there is a kid pulling the tire. Most likely a Robot automated machine pulled the tire off the rack.

Top Bottom