Dunlop tires fail at Daytona?!?!

scootac

Will Ride for Food
I recorded the 200 yesterday, sat down to watch it this afternoon,,,,but find the race didn't finish in my recording,,,, because they red-flagged the race and forced everybody to change front tires!?!!?!:confused:
Then found they finished the race, (shown later on Speed, which I didn't record),,, and Ducati won AFTER they blew one engine,,,, and put another in while red-flagged. I thought they couldn't work on the bike during a red flag?
But back to Dunlop,,,, what was the story with the tires???? Seems like a pretty bad place to have 'challenges' with their tires!!!!!!!:eek:4:
I doubt they were running RoadSmarts!!!!

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Dunlop said they had front tire problems. Most of the riders said they didn't have a problem. I think the biggest problem is the Daytona Motorsports Group or whoever runs the series now. It's turning into NASCAR on 2 wheels.
This years rules allow for working on the bike under the red flag.

STOC #
Too bad you missed the end of the race. I was at the race. Very exciting finish. The restart turned out to be a 15 lap sprint but it had to be restarted becused of a red flag on the restart. Someone blew an engine and spewed oil on the track. In the end, the Ducati had too much power in the end. It looked like for most of the race Jake Zemke had the bike to beat but in the end, the Ducati had too much power. If you can I'd recomend recording a re-broadcast of the race exciting finish. Coming out of turn 4, two bikes bumped and the elbow of one rider hit the break of another causing him to slow down and get rearended by another rider. Two riders went for a 180 mph slide with one bike hitting the wall. Both riders walked away.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem with the tire was. I think they said the tire looked fine, but he lost the front end coming out of turn 4. He was dropping down off the high bank and lost tucked the front end.

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Too bad you missed the end of the race. I was at the race. Very exciting finish. The restart turned out to be a 15 lap sprint but it had to be restarted becused of a red flag on the restart. Someone blew an engine and spewed oil on the track. In the end, the Ducati had too much power in the end. It looked like for most of the race Jake Zemke had the bike to beat but in the end, the Ducati had too much power. If you can I'd recomend recording a re-broadcast of the race exciting finish. Coming out of turn 4, two bikes bumped and the elbow of one rider hit the break of another causing him to slow down and get rearended by another rider. Two riders went for a 180 mph slide with one bike hitting the wall. Both riders walked away.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem with the tire was. I think they said the tire looked fine, but he lost the front end coming out of turn 4. He was dropping down off the high bank and lost tucked the front end.
All I can say is WOW !!!! What a finish. My wife and I decided to slide out towards the track to see what was going on. I figured the 200 was finished and we were going to take in some of the sights. We parked close to one of the gates and I could hear the annoucer talking about a restart. I walked over to the very nice gate lady who informed us that they had a red flag and were going to do a restart. Se then let us in for free. SWEET! Got to catch the restart and the last 15 or so laps. Great end of the race is all I can say. Glad they both walked away. Man they were all swapping paint the whole 15 laps.

STOC #
I love the Daytona Sportbike class. This class always provides some of the most exciting racing. The Daytona 200 was no exception. I'm looking forward to a good 2011 season in AMA, Word Superbike, and Moto GP.

Top Bottom