I’ll take that deal.If you can do my 2003 Blackbird I'll give you... a million... no, wait! I'll give you... a billion dollars!!!
Pictures or it didn’t happen.the band was Nazareth, and the song was, Dream On, I still play it as perfectly now on the drums as I did fifty years ago
It will be your ECM, unchanged, except for the Knock Circuit Acoustic Conditioning Module being replaced, removing the defective original and returning your ECM to a factory safe condition. No programming is necessary.How about some more info , will the engine timing be correct, and will the bike run like before the code problem.
Be sure to let us know when this is available. Thank youI’ll be releasing a full repair video on my YouTube channel of the ST1300 ECM soon.
Quick (urgent question).
I'm off to look at a new old ST1300 - Post 2008.
I'm embarrassed that I don't know this having owned ST1300s since 2006.
How do you get an error code if there is one. Not decode it, but force it to appear.
I know there is a way of getting another error - but not exactly - something like hold throttle at 4,000 rpm for 10 seconds. Is that correct ?
I might need someone from the UK to answer this - its past midnight in USA and I'm going to take a look this morning. (Sudden rash decision - I sold the Spyder yesterday and started looking at ST1300s again).

To late to be of any assistance to you John, but for anyone in the future....... something like hold throttle at 4,000 rpm for 10 seconds. Is that correct ?
Quick (urgent question).
I'm off to look at a new old ST1300 - Post 2008.
I'm embarrassed that I don't know this having owned ST1300s since 2006.
How do you get an error code if there is one. Not decode it, but force it to appear.
I know there is a way of getting another error - but not exactly - something like hold throttle at 4,000 rpm for 10 seconds. Is that correct ?
I might need someone from the UK to answer this - its past midnight in USA and I'm going to take a look this morning. (Sudden rash decision - I sold the Spyder yesterday and started looking at ST1300s again).
There is a fellow on the website who claims he can fix the ECU if the F1 code pops up so far I haven’t seen anything that says it’s a good fix or not but if your F1 code pops up, you could look for the site and possibly be the first one to have the ECU repaired so others will knowQuick (urgent question).
I'm off to look at a new old ST1300 - Post 2008.
I'm embarrassed that I don't know this having owned ST1300s since 2006.
How do you get an error code if there is one. Not decode it, but force it to appear.
I know there is a way of getting another error - but not exactly - something like hold throttle at 4,000 rpm for 10 seconds. Is that correct ?
I might need someone from the UK to answer this - its past midnight in USA and I'm going to take a look this morning. (Sudden rash decision - I sold the Spyder yesterday and started looking at ST1300s again).
There is a fellow on the website who claims he can fix the ECU if the F1 code pops up so far I haven’t seen anything that says it’s a good fix or not but if your F1 code pops up, you could look for the site and possibly be the first one to have the ECU repaired so others will know
That’s me. I’ve got one on my desk right now and am currently working on it. The acoustic conditioners are a different part number than all the other Hondas, so I have to affect a repair on the modules themselves. I’ll be posting results here when I finish.There is a fellow on the website who claims he can fix the ECU if the F1 code pops up so far I haven’t seen anything that says it’s a good fix or not but if your F1 code pops up, you could look for the site and possibly be the first one to have the ECU repaired so others will know
Wow. Thanks for heaping the praise on me - but really I am completely untrained and there is still a lot to know. I've never had these kind of faults on the 1300s. I do like to find out about things and to be able to explain it to myself. I know precious little about the engine on the ST1300 although I can do the camshafts, valve clearances etc - but its heart in mouth stuff. I hate doing it and its a big sigh of relief when I find the clearances are within spec. I know it can go wrong - eg the cam chain can easily be too tight for some reason that I haven't fathomed, although I can sort it out.I don't think there's anyone that could allay or confirm any of your concerns given your extensive experience and knowledge on all aspects of these bikes
The Honda service manual states to hold the engine speed above 3900 rpm to verify if fault code 25 or 26 is triggered. ST1300 owners on this site who do have this defect in their ECM overwhelmingly have reported that as long as they maintain the engine RPM below this threshold the FI light will not illuminate and code 25 or 26 will not be set. If they exceed this threshold the FI light illuminates and code 25 or 26 is set. This would seem to confirm the 3900 RPM threshold requirement for ST1300's that is stipulated in the Honda service manual. I personally always recommend 4,000 RPM or above for no other reason than just to be sure that the engine was run at a high enough RPM to have confidence in the test result while it still meets Honda's requirement of above 3900.My colleagues and I have found the RPM requirement to be 2500 for all the other affected Hondas, such as the Goldwings, Rune, and all the Aquatrax skis. So while it’s possible that the ST1300’s RPM requirement is different, it’s unlikely.
The test criteria in the Honda service manual stipulates to maintain the elevated RPM for 10 seconds or more to verify if fault code 25 or 26 is present. Many people on this site who know that they have this defect have reported that it can often take longer than 10 seconds before their FI light will re-illuminate after clearing the codes. Because of these two factors I always recommend a test of at least 30 continuous seconds for no other reason than an abundance of caution and because there is no good reason not to while attempting to determine if this condition is present.And it doesn’t need to be ten seconds, the knock circuit immediately activates in the software once the RPM requirement is reached. The code will report immediately if the conditioner module has failed.