Electronic Cruise Install Help?

Bike
91 Silver ST
STOC #
Planning to install Audiovox Cruise this winter on 91 ST1100 and had question about accessing the Throttle Bell Crank for drill and tap. Looking at John's installation I see he left the air cleaner attached and used it to pry carburetors up with piece of wood thus allowing access to reach the Bell Crank. In order to do this do you need to loosen all carburetors of just the back two?

For those that have done this installation/upgrade anything you would recommend/do different if you had to do it again?

I have the Audiovox kit, PVC vacuum cannister and various supplies based on what I seen scouring the internet. I think I have everything I need to get started after my riding season is over. :(

Can't help, but it will be worth it when you get done. I put one on my Tiger. It required a whole lot of work. I didn't have anyone to copy and I almost gave up a couple times. Glad I didn't. I didn't use a vacuum reservoir at first but added one later. It made a world of difference. Added a second one today for my mountain vacation in a couple weeks. Was having a little trouble in the hills, hoping the extra volume will help. Good luck and it is well worth the work.

going on memory here..but, all the carbs are mounted onto a common metal plate. i'm pretty sure that i took off the air filter,airfilter cover and the plastic base as well. i replaced the rubber booties with new apon remounting the carb set. didn't need a stick, just rocked the carbset slowly untill it could be lifted off. getting all the booties connected with their respective carbs was not easy..doubt if you'll need a vacume resv.

Top Bottom