Fall is on the Way!

There's a front coming through this evening into tomorrow which will bring some rain today and much cooler temps for the weekend. Prime riding season in Texas is on the way!

Great riding weather, but imagine how much anti depression meds are sold to Cowboy fans.

My ST is about to come out of summer hibernation. I've only put 150 miles on it since the middle of June. My dual sports have been getting all the service during the heat of the summer. Time to get out and enjoy the next 9 months.

If you need any tutoring about calling in sick, I have 30 years experience on the federal dole. repeat after me.....cough, cough.

Pulled the liner out of the saddlebag and put it back into my jacket earlier this week, as we are in that time of year when overnight temps range between 45F and 55F, with daytime highs in the mid 70s. Too chilly for the morning commute without the liner (mesh jacket) and too warm with it in on the way home. Oh well I always prefer to be slightly too warm than any too chilly.

Depending on one's tolerance for crud on the roads the mid-Atlantic can be ridden nearly year around, at least if you are selective about it. Gotta watch out for icy patches after a winter storm but that's about it. Last winter was my first ever as a motorcyclist and I managed several rides (short, admittedly) without benefit of heated gear by bundling up and planning for warm-up breaks every hour to 90 minutes.

Today is the last day above 90 for Tucson. 80's in the foreseeable future here, tho it's supposed to rain this weekend (specifically Saturday.) On the ST, I have absolutely no trouble in 90 degree weather, 100 is too hot, tho. The old saw about "it's a dry heat" is true, but then standing in front of a 500 degree oven with the door open is a dry heat, too.

Riding Saturday. In the rain. A coupla hundred miles round trip. Gotta find my rain gear!:D

Top Bottom