Fi light problems

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
It won't start without the ECU matching the keys at least I think (you might be able to 'trick' it by holding the new key next to the antenna while using the old key to turn the ignition, but fiddly and lots of things to go wrong - probably easier to swap the lot). Good luck!
That's only the HISS models.

OP
OP
We have an update. Box of parts arrived so got stuck in. Got everything changed over and with a turn of the key i thought crap, that was a waste of money.
Plugged the wire in for the codes and code 9 has gone just code 24 now so have ordered an oxygen sensor for the left side but i do still have a question.
How do you get to the plug for it?
Cheers Steve

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Hate to say it, but its starting to sound like your ECU is playing games with you.
All the folks that changed their oxygen sensors, found that they were not the problem, and those puppies are expensive.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Looking at the wires it has been spliced in.
I think if i change it out for £14 and it works winner winner.

Before you start spending several hundred dollars on an ECU, you may want to lift the tank, remove the airbox assembly, and clean the 5 way tee.
If this is clogged (common) it could be causing your FI light, regardless of the codes being thrown.
Also check to see if someone forgot to plug the white connector on the top of your airbox cover last time they were in there.
I'm just chiming in here I've got a code 26, checked wires on both sides for shorts and continuity, all good. I replaced knock sensor light went out for several days now it's back on. I've read about 5 way tee , found two 5 ways one is from map sensor ,larger one goes to sensor on top of vacume canaster. Cleaned small one ,map,put it back together ,still lights up, please advise.

Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
I'm just chiming in here I've got a code 26, checked wires on both sides for shorts and continuity, all good. I replaced knock sensor light went out for several days now it's back on. I've read about 5 way tee , found two 5 ways one is from map sensor ,larger one goes to sensor on top of vacume canaster. Cleaned small one ,map,put it back together ,still lights up, please advise.

Bike
Honda 1300ST
Before you start spending several hundred dollars on an ECU, you may want to lift the tank, remove the airbox assembly, and clean the 5 way tee.
If this is clogged (common) it could be causing your FI light, regardless of the codes being thrown.
Also check to see if someone forgot to plug the white connector on the top of your airbox cover last time they were in there.
Thank you! OMG my F1 warning light started blinking in 9 flash sets when the kickstand was down and just stayed solid red when kickstand was up. THIS - right after I changed my air filter.... I simply neglected to do an idiot check an hook up the white connector on top of the airbox!

Bike
Honda 1300ST
Thank you! OMG my F1 warning light started blinking in 9 flash sets when the kickstand was down and just stayed solid red when kickstand was up. THIS - right after I changed my air filter.... I simply neglected to do an idiot check an hook up the white connector on top of the airbox!
I'll now check the T-connector as well

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
It happens :rofl1:
Good find
Ride Safe
:WCP1:

Top Bottom