FJ-09 ST

From a comment posted in Motorcycle Daily;

"It would appear that Yamaha may be planning on adding an entry level sports touring motorcycle to its FJ line-up, using the FZ-09?s three cylinder engine, after the company recently applied to trademark the FJ-09 name in the U.S.?

An FJ-09 model would be a very interesting option to consider..a lighter, smaller, more manageable, affordable bike specifically designed as a sport-tourer.
Is the sport-touring market large enough to support medium and large displacement models?

"Is the market large enough ..."

This I don't know. But I'd sure give it serious consideration. Considerably less weight and more power than I need. I bet Bones would also.

"Is the market large enough ..."

This I don't know. But I'd sure give it serious consideration. Considerably less weight and more power than I need. I bet Bones would also.

Indeed...hurry up, Yamaha!

Motorcyclist Nov 2014 issue states that it is expected to be debuted in the Cologne Intermot in October and available for sale in early 2015. The middle weight ST market is getting better and better
--Ram

If it's based on the FZ-09 I will definitely have to check it out. I got to ride one of the new FZ-09 models and it may be the quickest bike I've ever ridden. Don't get me wrong I've ridden "faster" bikes but very few that are as light and quick off the line as the FZ-09.

Yep, based on the FZ-09. That's why I'm very interested in it. That Yamaha triple is an excellent engine and coupled with a weight reduction should prove to be a great bike.

EDIT: I've googled the new FJ-09 and it will be for sale in 2015. Cal. has issued a CARB certificate for it.
Chain driven. To me it looks a bit MultiStrada like.
I suspect it will be a good seller. Time will tell.

That's a deal killer for me right there! :eek:4:

A couple years ago I'd have said "Not enough engine", but after riding my Tiger 800 for a summer I'm thinking that's probably just the right size.

I wonder how much matching hard bags and trunk will cost to make it a true adventure/sport touring bike?

Based on the recent reports of the FJ-09, the bike is an adventure/sport-touring design. I wanted a smaller FJR design. I am now seriously considering adding the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS to the stable instead of the Yamaha.

Well, it's here, announced today, has the same looking dash as the super tenere:

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelhome/721/home.aspx

img.jpg

img.jpg

Top Bottom