Free Camp Sites . Net

Bike
2006 ST1300
The one it lists in Knoxville is about a mile away from where I work. You can camp there if you don't mind running the risk of being mugged while drug deals go on around you.

Cunados

STexan 1300
Bike
2013 Yamaha XTZ1200
Free Camp Sites . Net ... more commonly referred to as Wally World parking lots ;-)

MTGMTT

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It said free, it didn't say safe.. LOL

I saw the link posted on another site and thought I'd share.. I still stick to state and nat'l parks myself with the occasional nat'l forest thrown in.

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
Definitely read recent reviews from other campers that have stayed at any spots you might consider.

I took a nice 100 mile round trip ride on a gorgeous day from Fort Walton Beach, FL up into the Blackwater Forest near Holt and Baker, FL to check out a free camp ground I found on the FreeCampSites.net site. I was looking for some close options to make some trial camping trips as I get myself setup for some longer distance camping trips on the ST. If you are traveling through the Florida panhandle and need a free campsite with a nice bathhouse and hot showers not very far off of I-10 near Holt and Crestview, check out Wilderness Landing Park. It is right on the Blackwater River. There is only about 1 mile of red clay roads once you turn onto Corduroy Road. If you enter from I-10 at Holt, take Bryant Bridge Cutoff Road and Norman Riley Road to Corduroy (map). If entering from the north off of FL Hwy 4, take Old Martin Road then slight left onto Charlie Foster Rd/Environmental Center Rd/Old Martin Rd (map).

https://freecampsites.net/#!149375&query=sitedetails

See pictures I posted on the "Where did you ride today?" thread.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Definitely read recent reviews from other campers that have stayed at any spots you might consider.

I took a nice 100 mile round trip ride on a gorgeous day from Fort Walton Beach, FL up into the Blackwater Forest near Holt and Baker, FL to check out a free camp ground I found on the FreeCampSites.net site. I was looking for some close options to make some trial camping trips as I get myself setup for some longer distance camping trips on the ST. If you are traveling through the Florida panhandle and need a free campsite with a nice bathhouse and hot showers not very far off of I-10 near Holt and Crestview, check out Wilderness Landing Park. It is right on the Blackwater River. There is only about 1 mile of red clay roads once you turn onto Corduroy Road. If you enter from I-10 at Holt, take Bryant Bridge Cutoff Road and Norman Riley Road to Corduroy (map). If entering from the north off of FL Hwy 4, take Old Martin Road then slight left onto Charlie Foster Rd/Environmental Center Rd/Old Martin Rd (map).

https://freecampsites.net/#!149375&query=sitedetails

See pictures I posted on the "Where did you ride today?" thread.
Great to see this... I was doing some route planning last week and had the Bear Lake Campground on one of the possible routes... and it's in the Black River Forest. Nice to see some pics and a recommendation from someone who has stayed there.

TPadden

Tom Padden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Everything is free when compared to KOA prices.....
I like to STealth camp.
I've found KOA's aren't far behind State Parks. I've pretty much placed both on my list of LAST RESORT. The exception is when it's late, gated State Parks after hours move to the very top of my list- I have had no problem setting up my camp right outside the gate/ fence and also never paid.

Tom

Bike
R1200rt
http://freecampsites.net/

Interesting, now sure how accurate it is.
I have used it .. best thing to do is find it on google maps and you can see if its there or what the area looks like. Some sites( one that are currently there and verified) have stars, pics and reviews. There is lots of information on camps site to do research on.:tent3:

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
Great to see this... I was doing some route planning last week and had the Bear Lake Campground on one of the possible routes... and it's in the Black River Forest. Nice to see some pics and a recommendation from someone who has stayed there.
Click here for some video of a trip I made to camp at this campground 2 weeks after that initial visit. This is in reference to Post #7 about Wilderness Landing Park near Crestview, FL in the panhandle.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Click here for some video of a trip I made to camp at this campground 2 weeks after that initial visit. This is in reference to Post #7 about Wilderness Landing Park near Crestview, FL in the panhandle.
I did watch this when you posted it. Had not clued in that it was in the area I was looking at. Gave you a thumbs up and a comment on YouTube as Old Guy on a Bike.

Reactions: Wes
Bike
R1200rt
Top Bottom