Friday Oct 9th, '26...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Messages
1,394
Age
61
Location
Vienna, AuSTria
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
SSDD: Friday coffee tastes better... :coffee:
Same beans...
Same mug...
Different Day...

838001527_17911143027556732_6575811798937988124_n.jpg

G'Day...

11°/18°C @ 65% RH, barely a cloud in sight and despite yesterday's forecast no heavy rains during the nigh... 🌤️

on my second mug... ☕
ze GF left for work... 🏍️
Me? I could get used to the idea of being retired, no plans, staying at home... ;)
(frankly am I now always rummaging with small tasks that got put back during normal daytime routines... )
Gonna grab the ST for a grocery run... received some -25% coupons, gonna buy some more... coffee... 😎

Likely owned to its larger RAM (8GB total), streaming with that Fire TV Stick works perfect...
Of course it required a gazillion updates...
Of course it wanted to sell me their bloody phone app...
Of course it wanted to upload my (local!) WiFi settings, user & PW to their servers for 'consumer convenience'... right... 😒
🎶... but I won't do-oh that... 🎶

I can't harden it with a 3rd party security software like ESET Smart TV Security... 🤔
Proprietary OS and that...
And that default HDR setting... made everything look like anime... pfffff... 🙄
So setup, updates and diving into the depths of menus and setting (successfully killing that HDR!) took about an hour out of my life... ;)
Proper link with the LG TV, quick startup and buttons like [skip previously on...] or [skip intro...] work flawless...
no seized replay, no fail to auto-start next episode, no restarting the device like every hour... worth it...

So, weekend is here, enjoy... 😎
 
Thx Martin!
I’m looking into a new tv-stick as well.
My «old» one is acting up.
Seems like they’re really cheap nowadays.

10˚c/50f, overcast, supposed to be a gale blowing, but it’s not.

Been out buying shrimps and vino.

Cleaning house in a bit, then go pickup my new winter tyres.
Still a month or so until I’ll put them on the car, I hope, but now I’m ready to go if I’m scrambled to yet another x-mountain drive to Oslo. There’s snow already on the mountain roads.

Have a good one, and if you have to drink and drill, please drink Pepsi!
Stu

From my shrimp errand this morning….the house is owned by Capt Sig Hansen, from Deadliest catch, if you’ve ever watched.

IMG_5043.jpeg
 
Good morning all-

Thanks for the coffee, Martin. I've been awake since 0300, gave up and got out of bed around 0335. I'm having lemon tea (spiked with honey and extra lemon juice) to start the day; coffee will come in a couple hours.

It's 46°F and clear in Rockville, on the way to a sunny and gorgeous 75 this afternoon.

Spurred by an email of a pending automatic bill payment, I've just updated a number of my online and autopay accounts with the new credit card information, having finally told the bank to kill the old cards and issue new ones a couple weeks ago. The new cards arrived this week, so I have in hand all necessary information to make the updates. There are a couple lingering holdouts but for the most part I'm all set, once again.

Later this morning, but still early, I'll run the CR-V over to the stealership for a no-charge software update. I hope it'll cure a few glitchy items, particularly the one that causes the vehicle to brake abruptly when it's on cruise control and passes under certain specific overhead signs. It's not related to traffic- I've had it happen when there were no other vehicles in front of me- and it's only triggered by specific signs, not all overheads. Maybe the car just doesn't want to go to those places?

The other glitch, equally irritating but not a safety hazard, is that the entertainment system sometimes locks up.

While the update is being applied I'll join a local friend for coffee and perhaps breakfast.

This afternoon there's goof to be played, and dinner out with other friends this evening. Today is NOT a day where ECS (*) is an issue.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.

(As a reminder for the benefit of @Sadlsor , ECS = "Empty Calendar Syndrome").
 
Thanks for the coffee startup Martin, and thanks for the reminder Keith.
I can remember the calendar TLA now, unless i get it crossed in my head as Enjoy Confusing Sadlsor.
First cup imbibed, time for another.
Still wall to wall hurricane coverage, and even in the middle of Alabama there are Florida tags and interstate parking lots.
We'll almost certainly see rain, but hopefully it will be light, scattered, and moving through quickly.
I'm inclined to skip the Home Show, and spend both days of the weekend at Barber. I may end up volunteering, as there likely are at least a few FL folks who decided to stay home and prepare our defend their property.
Folks come from all over the country, and even from outside the country, every year, and I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone. It IS a big deal, even if the beers and food are overpriced.
Let's talk animals and pets.
Taking one of Roz' cats to the vet today, as she can't get him in the cat crate. Yesterday after she tried for 30 minutes and he protested in an ugly hissing and scratching kind of way, she said later in the day he was just lying down in there, relaxing...
"See? I win. Again."
She has too many of them, so you'd think she would be the Cat Whisperer by now.
But no.
Put away the cameras and the lights and the microphones, guys. This frustrated Crazy Cat Lady series will NOT be televised.
Meanwhile, Kaiser is always ready to put on a big smile for his glamor shot when he gets in his trailer.
Good boy!
"Now you see, dear, why you should have got a German Shepherd instead. No litter box to clean out."
(Although in fairness, I DO take two "doggie bags" with us on every walk in the neighborhood...)
Weekend is here!
Rain or shine, have a good one.
... and don't forget to clean up after your pet.
 
Last edited:
Mornit y'all, and t'anks for the gitty-upper, Martin.

No idea where dat little morself came-a-from....

6C and fog for the drive to work. 16 and rain for the drive home. Just an overall yucky day, likey due to two wheels more than I'd prefer.....

As for these TV fire sticks, I'm not sure I'd want fire in my house, unless it's in the fireplace / wood stove. Guess I'll just have to keep it old school...

1791540980131.png

Yes, that'll do nicely.

Have a great day, and remember, there's nothing good on tv anyway.

Obo.
 
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Martin.

It's clear and 37, rising to 63 with continued clear skies. Wind will be from the west at 10-20 mph.
The TV weather people are talking about the remains of the coming hurricane, but that won't be here till Monday.

Yesterdays activities kind of knocked me out. I think the breakfast danish caused me some heartburn, and it was with me most of the day.
I did the gym thing, along with cardio on the Arc Trainer.
Once home, it was nap time for a bit, then on to the brush clean-up, outside. The place looks better. I trimmed the azaleas, weeded along the side walkway and mowed the remainder of the flower bed. We have some other bushes on the side, so I trimmed them, as well.
After bringing all the clippings to the brush pile, sweeping and blowing the remainder with the backpack blower, we went to dinner at our local Mexican place.
Something in their margarita mix caused/continued my heartburn and I ended up sleeping on the recliner with some iced water.
Oh, and the workout caused me lower back pain.
And I think Brenda passed on her cold.

Today, I'll see if I can move my mulch pile over to the town's mulch pile.
I never did trim the brush at the edges of the property, but that'll wait a bit.
Enjoy the day,
Steve
 
Well that was a wasted trip. I got to Mother Honda and was told that they're so backed up on software updates (@~ 20 minutes per vehicle) they wanted to keep the car all day.

Not happening. Or at least not today, as you'll already have realized based on my first post.

So, now I'm just waiting for my breakfast buddy to arrive at our agreed-upon meeting point, then it's off for breakfast somewhere.
 
Morning all! Sun with some dark clouds threatening. Might be some rain on the way home, might not. 12C now (10C with the windchill :D), high of 15C later. The days are starting to get wetter and chillier.

Got out of the house a bit late today and was immediately stuck in heavy ferry traffic. It's a holiday weekend up here, Thanksgiving, so I guess everyone was trying to get an early start on the travel. I ducked off the highway and took assorted and sundry back roads and country lanes to work. It added about 15-20 minutes but more importantly, joy to my soul (not the rubber one). Slower but definitely more scenic. The Art of Slow Living.

Hope everyone has a great day with lots of bounce!
 
@ibike2havefun Our VW's push the updates out over the air (well thru the cell connections the car's come with.) Not sure I like that, but it's handy for remote starts, unlocks, tracking where the cars are, etc.

Pretty sure my CR-V (2018 model) isn't that advanced. For all that they build solid, reliable products, Honda don't really seem to be leaders in innovation.
 
Morning Martin & All from mostly sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 73F, up from 46F and heading for 80F, with possible thunderstorms coming this afternoon. We have warnings coming due to Rachel, which is now a tropical storm. They are worried that there could be a lot of flooding, here in Utah. All I can say is "we'll see" :well1: No breeze yet, but later the winds will be out of the SW @ 16 to 21mph.

Well, we made it back from SoCal, without issues, nor cavities. :) I was able to meet up with one of my ole co-workers, so we had a great chat. We were also able to have dinner with our son, Brett and his family. It's always great to see the grandkids! :)

Gas was outrageous! I did as little as possible to filling up out there. Thank goodness for Sam's Club & Costco Gas.

I have a Dermatology appt today. I'm not looking forward to it, but, it really need to get it done.

Chris made us some French Toast, washed it down with OJ & Lemon Tea. Pepsi for later.

Anyone :bl13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:
 
Good evening everyone and thanks to Martin for the homebrew. He's probably sleeping off today's coffee buzz and dreaming about the next cup by now.
A blistering 85 with a heat index of 92, a slight breeze from the East is making it somewhat tolerable.

The boss went to HD for floor cleaner so I added my list of paint supplies needed for the next ordeal. Cant work without supplies, that is my excuse for not doing anything today.

I wont get into what "local" means here, Google it if boredom overcomes you.

Stay safe!!
 
Back
Top Bottom